Thursday, October 04, 2012

Debatable

 Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2012

Light errands all got done early, n I got home in time to catch the beginning of that entertaining reality gig known as the Presidential TV Debate. I'm not sure why I like to see this type of thing, because it probably won't change my mind or opinion of the candidates. The bickering nature of the forum tends to get on my nerves. I'm glad I'm no longer doing those nasty High school Debate Team things. It does seem to get over-heated, n embarrassing for some parties involved. But strangely, I wanted to see it...

 I went down the hill to BBM's place to Guard the Fort a few hours, n after settling in, I realized I couldn't watch the debate on TV because two separate recordings were going on, tieing up both the cable n regular TV channels. I really didn't want to watch the recording SciFi channel instead.... So I was going online anyhow, my normal thing to kill time here, n saw a news thing on the browser to watch the debate online, (Which at home I won't even try to load), so clicked n encountered "You must subscribe to CNN to view this" bubble. Never mind. Then I went to check my Yahoo mail n there at Yahoo News I had a free link to a live debate link, so at least I didn't have to miss the entire thing- if a bit time delayed.

 Image by SnaggleTooth Fall 2012


So I listened to it while I deleted scores of junk mail in the old account. "Health care, blah, blah, blah..." I know all about how Romney's implemented HC plan in MA, my state, isin't working for me, btw. Then switched over the tab to see the page, n what really bugged me was the instant comment feed of a bunch of folks picking on every little thing like Obama "Um's" n trying to decide if Romney won by virtue of Obamas serious to neutral expression. I really don't like those picky-une analyzers butting in.



Photo by SnaggleTooth Fall 2012


Also, during the recap after-show report on abc, Twitter feed comments were flashed onscreen. So I guess the way we view n gather opinion now will always be influenced by whatever folks feel like sharing online, whether biased, professional, twisted, or not, TV or not .

Did you watch the debate, n what did you think about it?

9 Comments:

At 4:02 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Hi kid
Nice Pictûre. I can't sleep so I thought I would get cought up on some mail.... ..
We are doing ok,getting used to being in a trayler,My human misses the house. Some early morning you may won't tocome over for tea ect..
: Pal: said Hi me just got up for a drink.... Hay you be good....
BUDDYTHEDOXIE

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

No - I didn't watch it - I went to bed. :) Somehow calling it a "debate" seems false to me - it is so rehearsed (well, not together, but it just makes me tired.) The armchair quarterbacks are analyzing on facebook this a.m. and my niece posted a photo of herself with Mitt Romney, taken at a fund raising breakfast last year. (She works for rich people.) :)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I watched the debate this morning and avoided all the comments as much as possible. I can make up my own mind in how I thought it went.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hey Buddy, Long time no blogger for you! I miss your old place too- I saw an email in my OLD acct from you, will send new addr again. N I thought i had alot of comments today! I'll delete the doubles- No prob. C U around the village.

Lynn, I didn't see much, but it was very unimpressive to me what was seen. So late in the game, what's the point? Amanda will have a great historical pic. I have one with Ted Kennedy when I was a Girl Scout of America in DC from '73.

Tabor, it wouldn't have been as bad if the comments were made about political points, but it was personal bashing for the most part.


 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

I found better things to do with my time than peruse the two dozen channels that were broadcasting the "debate".

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I have not watched the 2 debates. Hubby did. I've just been too tired. And figure the world will go on without me watching.

xoox

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, I think part of me wanted to see someone really mess up on camera. I bet you were blogging...

JanF, I guess you're getting burnt out lighting the Mommy-working candle at three ends...

So far only Tabor watched in as a recording.

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

As you can imagine the debate isn't shown here in the UK or not that I know of, but I don't watch tv anyway.

That last shot is beautiful.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Of course you're excused, as a part-time USA-er from the UK. Hope whoever wins doesn't affect your taxes here much- Thanks, pic is from the Between post day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home