Wednesday, August 31, 2011

TG

Altered Black marker quickie scetch on white bond by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011


The power is back on today!


Whew! Did I miss it... Internet, lights, TV, hot water, n easy cooking-


Taking pics feels so unsatisfying when you can't even upload to see what you've got...


I'm ok here, no holes in the house or major damage, just alot of tree hunks everywhere. I'm so lucky they all missed me n Little Truck, landing on all sides of the house.


Everything slowed Waayyyy down, along with motovation to do anything unnecessary, especially in the dark.


After I realized the power came on, I didn't even hurry up n blog, due to the massive game of catch-up, clean-up, n food spoilage control going on.


Will add bits to the story soon...

3 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger Neo said...

We got the outer bands up here to your northeast; probably about 4 or 5 inches of rains, some decent winds, and some minor power outages. I heard at least two transformers go le-pop.

I only lost my power once resetting my puter, but the people down the road a bit were out for 2 days. They also ended up losing whatever was in their fridges.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

how do transformers pop in french?? it's like the french 'sigh' (le sigh)

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Sounds a bit likre here. Guess it was so wide the winds lasted a whole day, but the center moved quickly North. The sustained, long fetch wind that caused the problems. Better than La poop! My entire village section was out Sun to Weds. BBMs too.

Mad dash to eat everything before spoil time here. I used pre-frozen freezer packs in frig n most food was ok.
Still bailing, tossing, n replacing...

MB, Usually there's a sizzle-boom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home