Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Different Trumps

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011






In the previous comment section Grannie Annie requested some altered Trumpet flower pics n here are a few. You're all automataically expecting the weird n strangely colored morph cousins I find via Paint Shop Pro even when I don't have time for it! I've been playing with these all week, trying to decide- but still don't feel a strong "special" liking for any of them. Guess I'm spoiled by great discoveries too!

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011


The air's been so humid here this week. TV news has been depressing with the Stock dive n riots in the UK.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011

Work has been so crazy busy all week. The Pan Mass Challenge 190 mile bike marathon from Sturbridge to P-town to raise money for the Dana-Farber Institute was last week-end, n we helped provide breakfast goods for the riders at the Bourne stay-over spot. Also it was the Blues Festival in my village on Saturday, which I'm depressed about missing.



Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011They started charging $20 per seat this year for an event that used to be free, by roping off the best viewing zone of the bandshell. I can hear it all fine at home anyway, but I had to go to work right after the first two groups. The best acts are always scheduled last, n I missed one of my Faves, James Montgomery. It's been too long since I got to enjoy a show.




Yay, I made it to Day Off finally n can put up the throbbing feet. The weather's a bit cooler at least, tho still very humid. Not really beach weather with the overcast n fog, either. I really need rest anyhow.


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011


Hope you enjoyed my Trumps...


11 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

They're all so mind-blowing! :) Oh - I would have been sad to miss that blues festival, too. Pretty cool that you can hear it from your place though.

Enjoy the day off, Snaggle!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

They came to full bloom and they fell to the ground until you gave them new, fresh life:)

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Lovely trumpet or lily flowers. My fav is the second to the last.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, n we're not even doing drugs! I do prefer blues... Have even written some. Always appreciate a free show- Thanks

Gran Annie, n turned the one pic into so many different ones. Glad you enjoyed it.

Tabor, They are officially "Trumpet" flowers which grow on large vines, native plants here. The blossoms are almost 4 inches long. You found a favorite! I couldn't pick just one... thanks

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Opaque said...

I do appreciate the blues... :) Hope you are having a great week!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Love the trumpet photos, Snaggle. And I'm sorry you couldn't go to the Blues Festival. We finally got rid of the humidity (at least for a day) and we got some desperately needed rain. It's lovely while it lasts...almost feels chilly now!

Hope you enjoyed your day off!

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanks Ajey! I've been playing some blues this week too...

Talon, Thanks. I really hate giving it up to go get tortured at work- Tonight on the D bridge, I actually felt cold! first time in awhile- Glad your muggies lifted for you.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

I tried to post
and it said no.
Poem gone
words array
thought lost
so I try again

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Sorry for your poem loss.
I wonder what it said.
Blogger's getting us all cross,
It messes with my Head!

I select n copy before hitting the publish button- has saved alot of re-writes-
Glad to see you back- I thought you melted in the heat... thanks

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Twenty bucks when it used to be free!? Geez, folks. Wot gives?

Blogger has been good to me.
Let me post quite easily.
Just a temporary glitch.
Forgotten now commenting hitch.

Hope your day off was relazing.

And relaxing!!

xoxo

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, The Assoc has to pay for the extra police detail- new town rules, plus musicians have to get get paid so they can afford to drive here.
Blogger steals comments all the time, n redirects to wrong stuff often. You've been lucky!
Day off 1 was a daytrip with no sleep, n 2 is catch-up chores quick day. Thanks (copy- then post)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home