Monday, August 15, 2011

Deck Produce Sights

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011
I find the mosiac quality of this altered image very appealing.


Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011
I have several, wire covered containers of beets. These are the largest so far.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011

Some radishes too-







Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011
When I have more time, I'd like to remove the background from the colorful character I can see here. He can keep the green hair...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011

I had to take the chicken wire off the window-box containers, because all the plants are getting too tall to fit under it. The impatiens are now overtaking the petunias.



Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2011


These pics cover the other side of the deck not seen in the "Sights Just Out the Door" post. Maybe I'll get to sit on the deck a bit Wednesday.

5 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Great mosaics. Since the inpatients are taking over the flower box, they must be impatient:)

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

The impatiens and the petunias look pretty together. I didn't remember you were growing vegetables - that's neat.

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, thanks. same effects I'd used before, looking different due to the wire sections. I've never had such huge, impatient impatiens on the deck before! Thank Miracle grow potting soil.

Lynn, A pretty pink combo. It's a new hybrid specie of impatien. They used to be either hot pink or white. I grew itty bitty beets n turnips last summer- so tried to fix up my beet system planting earlier this year in larger containers. I've already eaten quite a few beet greens too.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I hope you get some deck time tomorrow, Snaggle. Your blooms are gorgeous! Our annuals are really suffering this summer...the perennials are hardier and I've always leaned towards the drought-tolerant kind.

You're right - that first shot is just like a mosaic. So neat!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, thanks, me too. It's supposed to be super nice out, but I'm so tired I may sleep thru it all- Time for a nap now-
Better luck with the fall blooms there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home