Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ready

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/wxmap/736806/detail.html

... or not, here it comes! but according to Harvey Lenard the weather guy's twitter updates from 3 to 4 am Irene is downgraded to cat 1 strength now, n the wind n rain may last up to 18 hours from Saturday to Sunday night.


The Governor declared an early State of Emergency, n said to stay off the roads, but my boss has mandated attendence. I'm not looking forward to driving in it or the possibility of power-outage, but at least the storm is losing power.


Here we have to watch out for storm surge flooding in the water of Buzzards Bay on south facing beaches- which includes my Fav Beach.



I hope it all goes ok in Long Island too.


We're getting the outer-fringe showers to the storm now. Still a few things to get ready before leaving for work today- like a bag of travel clothes to keep in Little Truck, but the water is bottled n the list ticks down with the clock... Will let you know how it goes, (If the power holds)-

5 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'll be thinking about you Snaggle - I worry about you being on the road. Sounds like you have a good action plan with the clothes in your truck. Be safe!

My niece lives in that high rise in New York City and I called yesterday to check on them. She was just making sure she had plenty of non-perishables on hand in case of a power outtage, too.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I am trying to remember what kind of work you do that it would be mandated for you to attend in a hurricane. It was always difficult for me just to drive to work in rain or snow and usually when I got there, we didn't do anything but worry about the weather all day and prepare for our return trip home. Be safe my friend.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Sounds like your boss has no brain cells.

Keep safe and out of harm's way.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Stay save...hoping all is well. We are just beginning to get rain bands now.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

seriously bossman??? I doubt many, if any will be purchasing fried circles this morning...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home