Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Subconscious Adventures

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2011.
.
Finally Day Off time again, n the April showers are gushing away, so I can't get the yard started. There's alot of branches, beer-bottle caps, broken glass bits, n odd wrappers still strewn in the back from the folks down stairs. I'd like to get it out before the grass starts growing making it more difficult to do. Of course I'd prefer not to clean their mess at all... At least it's a warm to Mid-50's F out.
.
I've been having some unsettling dreams this week. I blame it on both mentioning "nightmare" n the orange juice, which contains folic acid. I've noticed after supplying my body with B-complex type vitamen nutrition, I'll have vivid dreams.
... . . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . . .
One dream took place in a modern-type of amber-toned pyramid complex with alot of halls n passageways, down, up, around, thru, everywhere. I woke up naming the dream, "Attack of the Snake People." You know you've exposed yourself to too much Sci-Fi when huge, intelligent, alien snakes five feet in diameter infiltrate your new pyramid. One is sword cut by a co-dream-occupant on it's underside while coming off a ramp, n smaller snakes are inside it, spilling everywhere, attacking everyone- "Quick, get up on another level! No that way-"
.
Have you ever seen "StarShip Troopers?" I have all three films here.
. . . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . . .
The second dream I awoke from today, began as a friendly visit to a computer geek womans house. We sat outside at first, chatting in a plant-filled area along with with some small computers n no idea of what she was doing on them. Then we went into the house, which had three kitchens- full of counters. Tons of folks were in there. The woman kept trying to give me food I didn't want, n kept putting it in a bag to for me to have later.
.
After a while I wanted to go back outside, but couldn't get there. I could see sunlight shining out the windows, n I wanted to get to it, but the doors no longer led that way. Finally after going through to the the end of the third kitchen I found a staircase going out n downward to a lower level, ending in a rear-yard, shaded, area surrounded by chain fence n covered over with a low, flat ceiling. There were alot of folks seated at picnic tables eating, n I wasn't interested in that.. I could see some patches of sunlight beyond the fence, n thought of breaking thru here, but there were attack dogs on the other side of the fence...
.
Do you remember ever dreaming you were trapped unexpectedly like that? It's an odd, "Hotel California," "Twilight Zone" feeling.

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 12, 2011
.
.
Who needs movies when you keep inventing your own unconscieously? (I want to see the next Harry Potter film due out on dvd this week... but have to wait)
.
(Lillies growing in the woods today before the rain)
. . . .~~~~~~~~~~~~. . .


Okay, so I looked up the dream subjects at the Dream Dictionary link in my sidebar. My life isin't as exciting as this stuff indicates tho...
Pyramid Monument. Ancient knowledge. Seeking awareness with greater consciousness.
Hall Access. Privacy. Trying to find a connection with someone or something.
Snake A snake ready to strike means treachery from one you least expected; killing it means victory over enemies.
Reptile People are gossiping against you and beware of hidden enemies. Need to be cautious in business affairs.
Path A need for change in your course of action or conduct.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Computer Facility of communication. high technology. New areas opening.
Plants Growth. Nature. Life. Let the natural process flow freely.
Food Pleasure or greed. Nourishment. Fortune in love affairs.
Kitchen Nourishment. Productivity. New developments in life
Sun Life. Energy. Continuity. You are producing something worthy
Prison Punishment. Lack of freedom. Confinement. Ask yourself what have you done wrong and need to correct.
Stairs Up or down. Aspirations. Looking to get to certain point against all opposition.
Dog To dream about a dog that fondles you indicates great gain and constant friends. To hear the barking of dogs foretells news of a depressing nature. Difficulties are more likely to follow.

. . . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~. . . Hmmm...

10 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger TALON said...

The lilies are lovely, Snaggle! I love dreams like that - always good to wake up from and really neat to figure out where they came from. It is like a built-in adventure world. Glad you're getting showers of rain and not snow. Hopefully you'll be able to clear the debris before the grass grows. So annoying that they left that for you do deal with! Hope you have a super relaxing day!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I rarely dream, but have had a few interesting ones since I've been in AZ.

How depressing that you have to clean up other people's mess!

Hope you are enjoying your day off.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I think so too, as the first green growth out there. Thanks. I was so tired after the snake war! I'm still paraniod of taking the snow shovel out of Little Truck tho- of course that grass loves to grow in all this rain. I'm kinda getting a forced relax day-

LLcoolJ, guess with less hours of sleep you'd be less likely. Did you buy B vitamens at Sprouts? I'm horrified at the crap out there, n really tired from work to be doing all the extra- but can't wait til it's all done so I can keep up with mowing! Thanks

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Dreams books
Books written by
someone that dreams
of getting rich.

Dreams
synopsis firing
trying to make
since of kayos
matching peaces
of a thousand
puzzles together

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I'm sure after I'm gone some one will find my notebooks of ideas n get very rich! I'd just like an economy that wouls allow me to get there now...
i don't know where all these strange tales come from! Thanks

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I can't think if I've dreamed of any of those things - I do have recurring dreams though.

Hope the day off is good! Good for you for cleaning up after those wretched downstairs neighbors. I hope you get good ones next time.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Love how the title of your post is appropriately illustrated by your first picture:) Your dreams seem to mean that you are quite convoluted.

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I've had a few re-occurring when young. Not recently tho. Maybe if you look them up, they'll go away. Until I clean the mess, the kids can't run around there, n I can't mow. Really I can't stand it. Thanks.

Gran Annie, I do like the Rorshak test quality of some of my images. Thanks. Most of my dreams center on being in new places. I have a tendency to make things very complicated.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I take full responsibility for all the crazy dreams. Hope you can forgive me??

And hey, are those paperwhites too, the darker green coming up??

xoxooxo

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, that explains it! I really don't like those barking guard dogs- call them off-
Could be "paperwhites" they are white flowers, all over this woods corner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home