Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Before

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2011 . . Calm . I took my time . Lazy Sun warms my soul . Walked across the bridge . Water ripples lull in laps . Hummed Peter, Paul, n Mary . Trees reach out gently . Image by SnaggleTooth March 2011 . Looked to the horizon . Clouds sneak in unnoticed . Remembered your smile . Birds rush across n hide . Hoped to sing harmony again . People never slow down . Wondered how it got this way . Cats lick each paw in turn . Headed back to the house . Before the storm ... Photo by SnaggleTooth March 2011 . ........................ poem by Snaggle Tooth today ........................ .

5 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Note: I just tried fixing the double spacing I do NOT want in this at least 8 times, n it keeps publishing this way! Argh! What's up with blogger lately?

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

The calm before the storm
People rushing
as if no tomorrow
while the
"cats lick each paw"

A nice scene of a walk before the storm

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, you got it-
Every other line is a different poem thread, one present tense about outer surroundings, n the other past tense about the inner thoughts.

Note, Now I can't get spacing or line breaks at all- think I'll wait another day because I've wasted hours just trying to get this in poem form!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Wow - that photo is so beautiful. Wonderful poem, too. :)

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, thankyou! Wish I could adjust the format, now nothing I do is changing it- weird this way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home