Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Birds

Image by SnaggleTooth 2011

"No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings" -- William Blake


Breadcrumbs are for the birds, so I throw them out the window where they don't go to waste. A birds eye view is from the highest point, being able to spot the smallest thing. Keen vision is key to their survival.


Really stupid folks are bird-brained, even if some birds appear very smart with excellent piloting skills in severe wind-shear conditions.


Image by SnaggleTooth 2011

Going on yearly Winter vacations, birds are amazing migratory navigators.
Team players of the flock, they travel in organized groups. Birds of a feather flock together. Pecking order determines leadership.

Birds don't stay in an empty nest without eggs, but many folks do. .

Folks define their lives in bird Cliche`s.

.

Chicken scratch isin't enough money. If you Chicken out, you're a coward. When you're free as a bird, you do anything you want. Rockin Robin is also a cool song.



Image by SnaggleTooth 2011

We'll see if we can get this Bird off the ground n make the project a success. Duck, duck, goose is a fun group game for kids. A Hen Party is a group of grown women.

Counting your chickens before they hatch is never a good idea, because not every one can be a good egg. Carrying all your eggs in one basket is really taking a risk, unless it's Easter candy.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander if you want revenge on your cheating spouse.


The early bird catches the worm, so don't sleep late n miss out on the top notch pickings.

Eating crow is shameful after being proven wrong in front of important folks. A little bird told me some gossip about you, but I can't reveal who it is.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2011

You'll have the upper position sitting in the catbird seat. Round Robin tournaments find the best overall athelete in several events. A bird in the hand's worth two in the bush, because you may never catch them. Flit around like a little bird, going all over the place, fast. A Bird in a Gilded Cage married an old, rich guy.

.

"It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds." -- Aesop

.

Don't get caught naked as a Jaybird in public, it's very embarrassing!




Photo by SnaggleTooth 2011

A swan song is performed just prior to death.

The bird has flown the coop, n Elvis has left the building- .

I do enjoy Birds...

10 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Well that was a very cool bird post - love those quotes and lovely photo.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Lovely photo! And isn't it amazing how many sayings are inspired by birds? I loved this Snaggle. My least favorite is bird brain - I tend to think birds are very clever. :)

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Nice collection of bird expressions!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Fantastic piece of creative non-fiction ya got there. Certainly brightens up an otherwise dismal day today for me.

Thankee.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks. Been awhile since I did one of these.

Talon, Thanks. That day they flocked over someone with food nearby. When I researched n found so may cliche`s it was so easy to get this together. Birds are definately smart n talented in my bird brain-

Tabor, in the past I did many metaphor lists for projects. Some very funny. Thanks

G, you are most welcome, thanks for reading. Not too bad here except the cold n wind- but we got sunshine! Hope it brightens up some for you tomorrow too! The idea was again inspired by the pic series.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

?? and who would think we put so much stock in Birds.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Little did I realize until I looked into it- there are a few more I left out- but used the most common ones. thanks

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Wow, this is great! I think you nailed them all. Good memory.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander?

And Easter candy? Did some one say Easter candy?? I LOVE me some of that. Actualy , ALL of that, but I mustn't be greedy.

Speaking of which, "Hop" is a cute cute movie! See it when you have a chance.

xoxo

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thanks, glad you liked it. I did a bit of research to hunt down common Cliche`s I might've forgotten. I could certainly use some Easter candy too, where did I stash those jellybeans..?
BBM said her two little Ones weren't too impressed with tha Hop movie. I only watch that stuff after they get it on dvd-

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Note: someone googgled "bird in the wind" n got this post listed with the orange image. June 2011

 

Post a Comment

<< Home