Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bug Me

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2011 .
.
.
Finally after a few days of emails to support, n 6 hours of processing updates when I actually needed to go to sleep, my virus protection is up to date again. Joy! I think those rocket scientists keep setting the service up only for fast machines or something. That had just happened to me in December. Took days that time, too.
.
Now Day Off time is over, n feels like I didn't have any free time.
.
I spent alot of waiting time dealing with a sugar ant farm I started running in my kitchen when I wasn't paying attention. I tried clove oil, flea soap, bleach, n vineager to see what would repel them. Then I bought some bait traps n tried to get them off the dishes (lets rewash those again) n out of the sink, n off the little counter. Yikes! They are not my favorite critters. Very small n difficult to see, but they move pretty quick n are great at mountain climbing...
.
Last year I had some tiny ants on my sugary work clothes in the bathroom. Magically they migrated thru the wall without going extinct.
.
Writing of magic, I'm beginning to watch the Harry Potter movies again this week.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth March 2011.
.

Here's a scene off a fishing pier in the Town Center Narrows from Tuesday before it started spitting snow.

10 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

My personal experience is the only way to rid your kitchen of ants is to use a very ugly poison bait that can only be delivered via an exterminator (at least by law in the U.S.) I had tried everything for two years and he came along (at great expense) and my ants have been gone for two summers.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Oh I hate ants!!! I had some success with those little traps they crawl in and out of. Creepy. Sorry you are having to go through that.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Ants can be so darn persistent (making me think of that Rubber Tree Plant song).

Those movies are fun, aren't they? It's nice to lose yourself in the magic for a few hours.

I love that pier shot, Snaggle - it's peaceful. We got 8" of snow yesterday. I'm really really ready for Spring to take a tight hold!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Ants are a pain in the butt. Well not literally I hope!

I've never seen the Harry Potter films or read the books but my younger daughter is a big fan.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Ants are hard little buggers to get rid of. Things seem to work for a short time then their back. Reminds me of that movie.

WE'RE BACK

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, I really hate the poison stuff n have terrible allergies to some of it. But they're running away from the Boric Acid at least. I'll keep that advice in mind, thanks.

Lynn, I have 4 kinds of bait traps, n haven't seen them go in there yet- (Day two) Tonight they're in back of the sink, almost at my medicine basket spot. This is alot of work, n everything to fix to eat is now on the table! Thanks

Talon, "Woops there goes another rubber tree-" is all I can remember of that. I miss watching primetime series, n like going from the first movie to the next, especially in the winter.
Thanks- Our snow hasn't accumulated TG- (aren't I lucky?) but the car doors froze shut!

LLcoolJ, Ants in the dishes are especially a pain- I'm not going to poison myself! The Harry Potter music always makes me sleepy. My younger daughter is who got me interested in it!

Ellis, it is like a second coming- they were gone for months! I think they're in the wall from the kids downstairs. I'm breaking out the ant n roach powder for around all the baseboards.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Please send some of that salt air, okay?? I miss it.

Sugary work clothes, eh? :) Live of a baker.

Ah, your sugar ant farm gone wild. Glad it's not a worm farm that you weren't paying attention to. And thank your lucky stars they're not FIRE ants, yikes, we used to get those in the house many moons ago.

I've not yet taken the computer in. But I think I shall Friday!! Glad you got your current one all virus-protected again. Is it running any faster??

xoxo

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I'd need a really, really, long tube... I seem to have suceeded in breeding a gazillion new ants! If only I could sell them for a dollar each- Have I mentioned I also have a Indian Grain Moth farm?
Actually I just had to restart to get Puter to move again after uploading some pics. Kodak slows it down alot- Thanks

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Neo said...

dead ant, dead ant, dead ant, dead ant, dead ant, dead ant, dead antttttttttttt

(imagine the pink panther theme with that ;))

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, that's always what I sing while stomping... But these are too tiny n keep surprizing me...
(Still not gone!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home