Sunday, January 16, 2011

SnowBoats

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2011
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thoughts adrift on snowy shore
Sleeping thru the storm
The tide moves out leaving me
So dry n wishing for more.
.
Over on that yonder shore
Friends dream of sailing
Far out of reach frozen fast
Too strong the gusty winds roar
.
All fishing plans abandon
Groggy stuck in ice
When will Sun melt off the crust
To see sand we rest upon
.
Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2011
.
.
.
................................................
Poem by Snaggle Tooth today

9 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Boats casted upon the waves
Or lay upon unseen sand to sleep
Dreaming of the sun

I wish sometimes my life would be so

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger TALON said...

What a gorgeous photo that is, Snaggle - like a painting! Just stunning.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

That is a pretty cool shot, Snaggle.

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Yes, in my mind boats dream n hibernate... I could use more hibernation myself.

Talon, thanks- another addition to the huge dinghy collection. I like seeing boats in snow-

Lynn, Thanks- very cold too!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I'll take the snow boat to China. will you? Go West, through the Panama Canal. Head to the South Pacific, nice this time of year I hear.

xoxo

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I wonder how long it would take to row there from here... Gotta conserve gas! Of course, Hawaii would be closer. N maybe I could stop in Galveston on the way n we could have lunch-

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Neo said...

I knew it! There WAS a boat on Gilligan's island ALL ALONG!!!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I love the photo, very beautiful.

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Yeah, it was just hiding. i think that altered pic reminds me of a fish getting eaten by a bigger fish tho... "Sit right back n ...)

LLcoolJ, Thankyou Joey. I knew snow was good for something-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home