Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Leaves in November


Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2010 .
.
The weather is again in tune with the month. We're chillin' out in the frozen zone this evening, n looking at the past peak leaves in the lower 40F range. Most of these pics were taken Tuesday Afternoon (which was an old, Moody Blues tune I canl play on the guitar- but cramps my hand).
.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2 2010

Next week at this same time, it will be pitch dark out already due to the clock back an hour switch, n it'll be extremely difficult for me to be awake in the sunlight, tho I'll chase it as best I can in my low-sleep condition (working nights- No I'm not into Vampires, except in movies).
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2 2010
.
Mischief went out for a little while before she got cold n elected to come back in- which hardly ever happens! Usually I have to pick her up to get her in the door.
.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2 2010

I took some pics while the sun was shining thru the leaves. Maple Beard is almost bare, n I really need to rake the loaded yard n road. If only I weren't so sore from work, I'd get to it quicker. (work was a hell week).
.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2 2010 .
In the late sunlight, the woods lit up like color magic- perhaps for the last time until next fall. It's beginning to feel alot like winter today. Time to find the gloves...

11 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Will tired and even tho it was a hell week you got lots of nice colour from your leaves.

The weather is getting cold. Rats no more knee deep walks in the bay.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I love love love that pic of Mischief - she looks so sweet as if she's saying, "Yes, Mama?" :)

I'm dreading the clocks going back...it always makes me a little blue those long dark nights that start so early.

Love the photos, Snaggle. We're all bare branches here, too, and I'm missing the glorious colors.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I love that Moody Blues song Tuesday Afternoon - I'm impressed you can play it.

Mischief is giving you an inquiring look. She's pretty cute.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Bubba said...

Very nice pictures!

The cold got here much too fast for my liking too! (Bundle up!)

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Was chilly here today. I had 2 long sleeves out on the trail, refreshing wind in my face. MY kind of weather. Funny tho, saw some guys running in shorts and nothing else, 50 degrees it was.

Then did 10 minutes butt work at home!

Back into the 70s for the next 5 days if my iPhone weather can be believed.

Gorgeous light in the leaves. Maybe they'll rake themselves. :)

xxoo

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Oh, I'm not sure if I know that Moody Blues tune. Off to Google the YouTube now.

xxoo

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Opaque said...

Like the last shot!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Yep, I did! Indeed a deep walk in Buzzard's Bay today would be a last chilling experience...
Luckily I took lots of warm pics-

Talon, She's so good, but a bit demanding at times. She wanted to play n warm up, I think! I really hate the short light myself- so trying to enjoy my afternoons this week. I still got more leaf pics today, tho almost all are gone but around the hill n coves due to being next to the water. Thanks

Lynn, the song's done with a progression of decending bar chords, but I too love the strumming rhythm n lyrics. Learned it when I was about 14 I believe- before I knew what Pete Best was singing about...

Eric, Thanks! Guess out west there you already got very frigid eh? We're just starting, but spoiled by the late warmth We've had. I'm already wearing long johns... but need to wash the scarves n heavy jackets.

JanF, 50 degrees here is great! I open the windows for that- This am was 26F, but did get above freezing in the sunshine later at least!
I'd like the neighbors to pick some up, but that is too much for them to think of!

JanF, Can't believe you don't know that one! I have a best of CD somewhere to play violin along with-

Opaque, Thanks- the sun really made the show more brilliant! That's a view off my deck.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Did you make sure Mischief was inside on Halloween? We receive reminders to lock our cats up on Halloween, especially any black ones.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger young-eclectic-encounters said...

Delightful pics. We have some bare trees some in full color and some still green. Our poor trees are confused. We had 80* weather up till about a week ago and the trees don't know what to do. Look up on You Tube for Moody Blue's Tuesday Afternoon. They have over 300 hits for it. I love you tube and use it on my blog. See my post Broken on my blog.
Johnina :^A

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, she didn't go out that day- Yep, some folks are sick. A few years back the next door neighbors black kitten was found floating in the cove with feet tied to a large stick Halloween week- so Mischief is closely monitored.
Thanks

Young EE, Thankyou. 80! Lucky you! I only get to watch videos on other computers- this one is too slow, so I'll see your videos later- I'm limited for time online these days- I will get there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home