Wednesday, November 24, 2010

DayLight

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 23 2010
.
.
It's not often I'm awake in the morning sunshne on the deck on a 60F degree day in November, so I was sure to take a few pics as proof. I've been having a fun week of issues with Litttle Truck, n only got a half-hour of sleep before going to the shop about 8am.
.
The downstairs folks are away, but I'm still not getting enough sleep! I got back home n the shop guy called two hours after I'd fallen back asleep. Then I tried to watch a show as I layed down for an hour, but it kept getting interrupted with breaking news from Logan airport , at key plot points of course, so I missed them all.
.
But it wasn't a totally wasted day, despite my grogginess n stinging eyes.
.
MB stopped by for a short visit on her way back from an assignment on the Lower Cape. We went down the hill to visit BBM n the Little Ones for a bit. Then I had to leave to go get Little Truck again, before the shop closed.
.
I wasn't feeling too good after that, but got some laundry done, then kept falling asleep while trying to process some pics, such as these. Finally I felt good enough after 2 am to make some food, n after 4 am now, I'm doing a bit more clear thinking. I'd rather have been more functional, n less tired. Can't adjust that night schedule so fast-
.
Another Day Off coming up before the busy work-order holiday shopping week-end has me over-worked again. I'm hoping to get to more sleep n fun stuff like instruments, painting, n leaf-raking in this round.
.
.
The woods across from the deck are quickly becoming bare, except the evergreens n a few shrubs. The day was nice but I didn't get out for a walk, n clouds came over later in the day. Now, The cold is coming back in again.
Well, at least I got a visit n got to see some sunlight with my bloodshot eyes this am...
.
Happy trails travelers!

9 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Lovely pictures and post:) We head out today for my daughter's. Have a great Thanksgiving my friend.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'm sorry you have to work this holiday, and really hope you get some sleep soon. Sleep deprivation is the worst. Have you tried a little chamomile tea? That works so well for my sister that she swears she is addicted now. I like that you got to see some morning light though - and that is a lovely shot of your deck. Take care, Snaggle.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Hi Dear Snaggle.

That chamomile tea sound like it might be worth a try. Sorry for your sleepy eyes. May your next sleep be long and deep.

Lovely sun on your deck. Mischief still going out much?

xoxo

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Love the shadow play on the deck, Snaggle! Great shot!

Hope you manage to get some decent rest (especially with the noisy ones absent) and hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Bad bad little truck keeping you awake, but a good visit from MB and little truck home. I'm sure your happer now.

Bare woods at this time of year is normal. I bet you're getting a lot of good shots of them.

Happy eat to much day and a good weekend.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

Hopefully I can visit with you guys soon!! with the kiddos hopefully :)

luv u

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Thanks, safe travels n Happy Turkey Gobbling!

Lynn, I've given up every holiday to work in over 2 years! I need a new job. In order to go around other business schedules, I've no choice but not to sleep. Will go without tomorrow also. I do drink Chamomile at bedtime- Thanks

JanF, I can't sleep in order to get the car fixed, n my poor eyes need rest with no allergens. Wish I could've enjoyed the deck- but felt bad.
Mischief isin't feeling good this week either. Thanks

Talon, Thanks- those shadows a rare sight lately- n you can see the beach in the BG too-
I got a good 7 hours of z today, but will have little tomorrow. I'm bringing some candy to work...

Ellis, I just don't deal well without sleep anymore. Yes, today is much better thanks! I'd like to be getting more pics, but not up to it this week- I don't get to eat until after work- can't work on a loaded belly. I'll bring a plate home from BBMs. You too!

MB, was good to see you- sorry I was so tired n preoccupied! Too bad that traffic shortened your visit. Hope your Turkey Day goes well. Thanks for those cards!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I love the shot of your deck.

Hope you get some good sleep soon.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Thanks! You can see MapleBeard n the R's deck too. That's actually the same pic up above, modified a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home