Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grey Days

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2010 .
.
A couple of greyish weather days following more heat n humidity didn't slow folks down much this week.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2010Even with a recent, large, lower-shin injury sporting cuts n bruises, n tender to the touch, I got out n walked a bit under the cloud cover, DigiCam in pocket. Yep, another salt-soak badly needed in my free time. Always an excuse lately, tho would like to just write I did it, "for fun..." one of these days-
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2010
Now I have a whole collection of Grey Days pics to play with, so you'll prob see more of them. Composition can be challenging here under these low-light,low-color conditions, but I think these pics weren't too bad.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 2010
Only a few weeks of tourist peak season are left, before work slows down. It's concert night at the bandshell, plus there's a carnival at the playground all week. Two large festivals are over with in the village, but the strewn garbage around the hill woods lingers, n I haven't the ambition to get to it this week.
.
Photo

Hopefully I'll last a few more weeks of high volume n make it unscathed to the week I requested off at the beginning of next month...
I hope it's still warm, n the sun shines too!

Won't be long now...

7 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Hi Snaggle, what a lovely array of pics. Grey skies are pretty the way you've captured them.

Sorry to hear about your shin in jury. Hope it heals soon.

xo

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

is it reminiscent of the lawnmower injury when i was about 4? i hope not! they better not screw you for that vacation otherwise the j'son girls will have some murdering to do...

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Beautiful photos and I know you are looking forward to that vacation week!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I really like the group of pictures and wish my cameras weren't so outdated. Probably even with a new camera I couldn't take pictures as well as you.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Ouch! Hope your leg feels better fast, Snaggle.

I love grey days - colors pop so much more.

Lovely series of shots - can't pick out a fav because I like them all :)

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Grayish days
Dark of night
People boating
On wakes
of white
cuts and bruises
tender to touch
Camera in pocket
Writing away
Time off
Maybe some sun
Garbage in tree line
She’ll have to run

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, glad ya like my grey pics. It's been a long week of work standing up all night long on that throbbing bruised bone- Thanks

MB, Yes, it reminds me of the lawn mower injury- other leg! Not as deep tho. I have those doubts as they've renigged my days before- But I did ask in writing before the end of July for the first week they'd give me off- so it better be good! When was up to them-

Lynn, Thanks! I cannot wait to sleep n feel rested again. Alot to do tho, so much catch-up, that a week isin't long enough really, but I'll take it!

Gran Annie, Thanks, I've practiced these same subjects tons of times, so basically already know what not to do! I'm still using an old 5 mgpxl with no special setting capability. Earlier on ESR all pics were from a disposible film cam, put on CDs at the drugstore.
Don't feel bad- I was trained how in college...

Talon, Thanks- nothing stings quite like a shin on the fritz! I'm just not flexing the the toes much- Yes, grey days can make for glareless subjects, n better tonal quality too. The reflections aren't bad either!
I like the last most- If you enlarge it you can see that annoying, tune-playing ice-cream truck crossing the bridge!

Ellis, I really like this rhyme- has lots of visuals for me, n of course makes sense to me! I wish I could literally run this week- walking is challenging enough tho!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home