Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summah

Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2010

I've been sleeping alot better recently, (thanks for all those prayers, btw) even with the high humidity n heat happening (80s F). I've been feeling very exhausted. The folks downstairs have been away for a week now- Not sure if it'll be for the summer yet. Mischief n I are sure enjoying all the quiet...
.
Before they left, they decided to shut off the hose water inside the basement. (I can't turn it back on-) I'm really sick of folks making descisions that directly affect me (n not them) without ever saying a thing about it to me! I called the owner to complain in hopes the water gets turned back on sometime soon.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2010
.
The list of can'ts without hose water seems really long in the heat: rinsing sand off toes, watering plants, cleaning pollen off Little Truck, washing deck, washing garden planters, washing rugs, n just plain cooling off would all be really good about now!
.
My arms are sore lately, n carrying many x-milk jugs of water for the plants outside daily is driving me absotootly nuts!
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2010



.

Work orders are going tourist crazy, -well it is almost the 4th of July vaca crowd time. The kids are all out of school, Cape League Baseball has started, n the traffic here is much thicker. So are the insect swarms all around the village. (I'm allergic to OFF).
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2010The Huckleberry tree is berrying, n many birds are chirping out the window, yet remain invisible to Digi-Cam. This year, I can reach some berries from the Bathroom window, so I got a few for breakfast the past few days.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2010
They taste alot like mulberries. No gritty seeds are in them. It's been years since I've tried some.
.
The deck plants are doing well so far. All my turnips, n beets are protected with chicken n hardware wire. Maybe I'll get to eat them before the squirrels do this time- I'm trying to figure out where the radishes went to in here someplace.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2010I bought some bargain flats of annuals, some with pretty burgandy n pink Petunias for .50 cents each at Shaws market last week! (I love really good bargains). I cut most of the blooms off already, but they'll bounce back soon to compete with the previous blue-violet pansies bargain. N I haven't even spent $5 bux yet!...
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2010
.
.
.
The Tiger Lillies are on the prowl all over the place, n the Bramble Roses are beginning to burst into bloom finally, even after getting run over last winter, n repeatedly knocked down by the folks downstairs who have zero regard for plants... (or me either). It would really help if I could water all of these (except Mishief) with the hose...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2010

But at least I'm getting more uninterrupted sleep than I've had in over nine months...
.
(n that's something to appreciate)...

6 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

And thus, the adventures in fun have now begun.

:D

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I was thinking that even though the plant watering is a pain right now, there is such a great silver lining with those neighbors away. I am so glad you are getting uninterrupted sleep. Love all the flower pics. :) And Mischief is certainly cute, isn't he?

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Yay! for the neighbors being away (may they stay away for weeks and weeks!) and you finally getting some quality shut-eye. Mischief is obviously enjoying :) Isn't it great to see the flower color everywhere?

I wish some of the rain we've been having would head down your way and give you a break from watering!

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, Yes, adventures in the desert... In this heat tho I'm not amused at extra chores- but somehow, I'm not surprized at their little trick.

Lynn, wish I had more time before work for the extra trips around instead of the quick squirt I used to do. I'm very glad the kids are out- I'm pathetically sleep deprived. ope the flowers n little trees make it with less water.
Mischief is so much more relaxed without the kids too-

Talon, Yippie yahoo- the miracle wonder of a quiet summer week! (that almost never occurs )! I want them to return for 5 minutes n turn on my hose! It's hot- n hardly any rain all week!
Now I have the plants going well- I'd sure love to play hose them down instead of jug carrying all over. By all means, I'll welcome all the rain you send! Thanks

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Ahhh, sleep. Im so glad to hear that, Snaggle.

Not so glad to hear about the water tap being shut off, that's a pain carrying water.

Mischief looks happy.

Nice looking veggie babies -- hope you get to eat the veggies of your labor, and not the squirrels. Hope you get to eat VEGGIES I mean, not that you eat get to squirrels. :)

xo

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, yep, now if only I had more time off work n could sleep late- Can't make up for all that lost Z-time in just a few days, but it's an improvement.
I don't have the time to water every day. I was just out in the dark dodging skunks to do a few. Everywhere but here has been getting some rain.
You reminded me of the look on Granny Klampet's face while running around with the rifle after Squirrel pie...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home