Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Docking

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2010
.
The Short Pier next to the main village Pier has been much busier with small watercraft these days.
.
I finally made it thru my workweek, but I've got so much to get done between errands n yardwork I'll be hard pressed to get to more recreational things. Parts of the yard are three-feet tall already, due to the constant rain showers all week.
.
With any luck it won't be raining again when I get up, n some of it will get done before the daylight is over. Hope I'm up to it, n the insects aren't really bad, as I tend to get the most done near dusk time. Yes, the folks are still downstairs, adding to my grogginess n the pieces of garbage on the tall lawn to pick up before I can start cutting anything.
.
I really hate my Day Off countdown of what has to get done first before they close when my list is so long. So many priorities... I need to make a dump run to empty trash, n need all manner of supplies, like socks n work-shoes. The town is doing road construction on the main strip now, so the store errands may be more of a hassel to get done. I need to pay some bills online n by phone, n my whole day will be a huge juggle of what first, n what to put off until after dark, n after other places close.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2010
.
I'd like to be putting rest as my priority, but that won't happen this week. I'll try to blogread a bit, but that's back-burner, as are art-related projects until the rest of the necessary work is done.
...
Busy, busy, busy...

14 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I love the original photo. What a great place to live.

And I hope you get some time to do something fun soon, Snaggle.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I always forget about the summer construction work until the season rolls around and then you end up cursing as you try to do your regular runs.

That photo is so lovely! I hope you find little pockets of joy here and there on your time off.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

I love the little boats, they are so happy all crowded together dancuing and doing the bump. you know that one, it's okay you can giggle no one can see you :-)

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Keep telling ya bud's, the scorched earth method on the yard! Works wonders!!!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks. I like them both alot for different reasons. Got quite a bit done today- thanks.

Talon, I got stuck in the stop n go all the way to work, n was late- grrrh, so was very reminded. Of course we get the double-whammy of a tripling summer population here also. Thankyou, I'm trying...

Paige, yep, I remember knocking folks down in High school with that one! (Used to get bruised hips too-) Thanks, n for the memories too!

Neo, Actually after going to seed then cutting, the lawn should grow slower now. It always gets crispy in the August sun anyway- Too late already did most of it, n btw-Still n will always be, afraid of burning the house down...

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yes, what a great place to live indeed.

The taming of the yard, never-ending, but a good feeling when done and looking good.

Ack, summer construction. Always going on somewhere. The price of progress, eh?

Off to get my breakfast taco now!

See ya.

xoxo

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

helo, yoo mae not kno me. nise to meets yoo.

just kiding, just kiding, it's real me, blue bunny, playing a trik. hee hee

i stil liek the botes.

ooxx

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I just wish I had more non-chore daylight to spend this week. Hours of mowing due to having to empty the full clipping bag almost every pass. Still haven't pulled up vines out of the lilacs n under the trailer, or pruned the too-large shrubs. I don't know what a

BB, Has anypne ever told you you have a really big nose? Is that a disguise, Mystery Bunnie? Halloween is in October- Or are you training to be a secret agent?
Ever go for a boat ride?

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Using up the words.... said...

I love your contrasting pictures.... you have much more patience than I do.
Sorry to hear all the "stuff" is cluttering your time off.
Finding time for fun is all important though!

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi CJ! Glad you like my colors n originals. I'd certainly like to enjoy some of my free time instead of doing chores. I finished up after 10:30 pm, btw- Stuff built up due to so many rainy Days Off lately- had to go for it while it wasn't too soggy!

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

You sound like you are working very hard and need a break! I hope you get one soon.

Lovely photo.

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I work way too hard- you have no idea... I can run circles around other folks most days. Driven to get the stuff done. No vaca until Summer's over- 'cuase busy tourist season = more money here. Thanks.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - #13!!!

Like the Talking Heads song?

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Lucky you?! I should listen to that one again to refresh my memory I guess...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home