Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Good, Bad, n Beautiful

Finnally, I finished a long workweek of high work order numbers sustaining blistered parts n aching, bruised regions. I didn't have to drive anyone n got to head right home- feeling so weary.
.
I was rattling big plans for my free time around in head-lists of all I might soon accomplish, after some sleep. Most of these ideas n errands would of course require time, a little bux, n transportation. Yard work was getting post-poned due to a partly rainy, n cool weather forecast.
.
As I turned onto my road to head up the hill I heard something metal under Little Truck clunking loose. I slowly parked, n then I noticed all the pressure dissappeared from the brake pedal. To the floor! Ugh! Not again... Alot of dripping was going on under there too- n didn't look like the plentiful rain water.
.
There go all the to-dos, n the time, n bux to do them- Never mind the dump run, the store errands, n beginning a few side projects. I wouldn't get to sleep more than a few hours in order to make calls to get repairs in progress. A total shift of energy had to take place.
.
The day wasn't all bad, if de-railed. I woke up before I wanted to, n made calls. The rain held off. Waiting around outside with BBM for the tow guy, I got in some pic taking. The wait suddenly got alot longer before Little Truck could get up on the arrived free ride machine. The tow truck broke down! Anti-freeze poured out onto the road...

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2010
Now that guy was waiting for a tow, n we had to wait for another! Little Truck would arrive for service too late to be worked on that day.
.
An entire afternoon until almost five was spent outside while we all chatted it up. The tow guys Mom lives nearby, so he knows the folks here. He has a preschool boy so could relate to BBM's family fun. A friendly neighbor stopped on her way home n added in. Another neighbors kids rode little bikes around us in circles.
.
My downstairs neighbors came home n left again- we ignored them except to mention the beer extravaganzas going on. I spotted two more empty beer bottles on the trailer hitch on the corner. There seems no end to the glass pick up.
.
All the action subsided just in time for me to walk uptown n get the mail before the box lobby closed. Along my foot travels I found alot of flora petals to share. (I'm about to add those in another post). Luckily, I don't need to drive around all tired out now. I got a ton of posts all at once with these pics I want to use in April posts, n the month's almost over! So here comes a glut of 'em, a rare occurrence on ESR, due to todays tribulations.
.
Tomorrow's another day... (thanks Scarlet)

5 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Now that's funny...a tow truck waiting for a tow.

At least you were able to pass the time in pleasant company.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, we did think it all rather ironic- n the company was good!

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Sucks!! Except for the pictures.

xoxo

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I got nothing done at all- no sleep, no errands!
But I am alive! Yippee!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

That does sound like a complete waste of time!

Glad you are ok though. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home