Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kaliedoscopic

Image by SnaggleTooth 2010


Diverse subjects can make nifty, attractive textile designs. I think this one would look good as a tablecloth in my kitchen. That same day a couple weeks back I went under the bridge near the gas station in the center of town, I also took this shot... Then played with effects.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2010
This version makes me feel warm n fuzzy. I think it should be a carpet, or a blanket perhaps. I like Earthtones. Natural scenes can take on strange properties to the eye when artificial effects are applied... Colors have not been changed.
.
..
.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010
.
.
.
.
Yep, I put alot of muscles into this project! ( Mollusks, n a little dead salt grass, n rocks, n wet sand...)

9 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Looks like you had nature's cooperation for an unusual piece. :)

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

lol... you're funny, hope you've been able to enjoy the gorgeous weather lately.. even just a little :)

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

hey I just noticed that as of next month, you've been blogging for 5 years!! holy cow! congrats on that..

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger TALON said...

It's amazing the patterns you got! They're lovely! Soft and pretty compared to the original subject matter.

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I'm finding artificial effects on natural things to be way better than I'd thought they'd be! Thanks.

MB, I tried! I got out for a few short visits of warmth. I hope you had some too!

MB, Yep, I'm an old Blogger bloggee! I've come a long--- way. Thanks.

Talon, I think it's amazing too- something so drab in a pic looks so wonderful with a bit of effort-

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

OMG! that is awesome and yes I would buy that fabric, at least 3 yards maybe 4 so I could have leftovers.

you make me want to play with my little kaliedoscope...I think I will

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Paige, Wish I had a way to manufacture it! Yep- Somewhere I have an old, worn, print, cotton shirt with a similar color combo, n I want another one!
Have fun with that 'scope!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Holy cowabunga!! That is awesome. I'd wear it as a shawl.

Almost 5 years bloggin, eh? Super cool!! If I hadn't had that old lame blog with no comments, this May I'd a been bloggin' 4 years. Oh well, water under the bridge. And I might never have met you if it weren't for the way it all played out - I woulndt change that for anything!!

xo

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, yep, would make a fun scarf as well. 4 years of blogging isin't too shabby either!
You can tell who's really a devoted writer when the project continues after 2 years. That's the point I've noticed many bloggers run out of subject steam, n motovation, n begin something totally different. So it's become my personal marker to judge successful blogging in others.
You've become one of the brightest parts of my day! - me either- Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home