Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Domino Effect

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2009
.
.
.
Someone dumped a large clump of cut branches on the side of the road on top of leaves next to the woods. If only they could have put it five feet more, the sticks wouldn't be in the way of staying on your side of the small street. Every time in the past few days I've swung over a few feet for the turn into the driveway, the sticks were in the way, threatening to scratch paint off Little Truck if I wasn't careful.
.
Finally I had time after errands in the dark to go move the large, clumpy pile off the road. It's the first time in weeks I hadn't brought a little flashlight with me. Luckily I could see fairly well by the streetlamp, just before touching the sticks, that they were covered with large thorns.
.
The branches were parts of a large Rose bush. Without gloves, I wouldn't be able to pick it up. I muttered, "Have I mentioned how much I hate Lazy People?" while using my feet to kick the stuck-together bunch further towards the bamboo, n get the stick-ends parallel to the road, instead of sticking out towards vehicles moving on the street.
.
Daylight will be needed to do a better clean-up of the situation. The problem compounded into becoming more work n missed sleep hours for me again! Then I still had several loads of groceries to bring up into the house n put away. After I had all the bags upstairs I noticed yet another clean-up issue.
.
While moving the thorny branches with my shoes, I'd also managed to find dog-droppings along the way! I removed my shoes, put on another pair, n wiped n washed the soil off. "Have I mentioned how much I hate trying to do things in the dark?" Finally I got to the point of being able to put away the store stuff. Whew!
Apparently, I just don't have enough chores to do yet. Going to do one thing, turned into a very long list...

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I can't believe that someone would dump those branches like that. OK - yes I can. But it's good of you to get it out of the way for you and your neighbors. A very neighborly thing to do, Snaggle!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Sometimes I have to work very hard to clean-up after clueless dumpers, especially the ones who like to block the few paths into the woods with this stuff. Nobody else cares enough to clean the woods- only me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home