Saturday, September 20, 2008

Barnicles

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008

.

The texture on this rock exposed by low tide shows many generations of barnicle condos. I didn't get to wait for the water to come back in, but I know they were anxious to be picking dinner particles out of the sea again.
.
Today I saw many locals digging sand holes down at the point on the front beach. Just a few days ago they finally lifted the shell-fishing ban. All the kids were pitching in to help dig. The parents were looking forward to some free dinner which usually costs alot of bux.
.
Good thing I'm not the harbormaster, because I didn't spot any permits. Also they're supposed to fill back in the holes, n no one did. Every one tends to do stuff after five pm so they don't get in trouble around here.

.

Can you believe I live here but don't eat seafood? Most folks would be filling their own buckets...

6 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger mariposa said...

Cool pictures :)

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Mari, thanks

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

i dont' think we ever filled our holes back in either!

I don't eat seafood either.. atleast we Loooooove the cranberries! ha

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I suppose we've had our share of free cranberries. Lately I've had to buy them-
I've seen alot of people fishing too- free food is always good!

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

very cool!

I just posted a new blog, after months....

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, you're back- yay! long time no see-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home