Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sun

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
A couple weeks ago I was out trying to get a decent thunderhead shot from what I could see from the deck. We'd been getting the storms almost every day, the cloud banks being fueled by the sun n humidity.
That particular day, the towering puffs seen on the north of the skyview were sounding rolling thunder bursts at intervals. At the village though, the sun shone brightly, burning away the cloud-edges from my location.
.
The folks north of here that day got some severe storms with rain, hail, winds, n power outages. All remained calm here. New England weather is known for it's quickly changing temperment.
.
This image is what happened when I used a contrast filter on this under-exposed photo in my paint program. I've been checking out Jerry's (now linked on the sidebar) altered pics recently n so want to add my own recent, other-worldly, altered photo. I really like it's graphic n spiritual qualities.
.
Have I mentioned (a mill-times) that I'm a sci-fi fan? I'm reading yet another Star Wars novel, (from the continueing epic after the films chronologically), by Micheal Reeves, Jedi Twilight: Coruscant nights I. I've read several others in the series, all by different writers. This stuff is fun in it's mind-bending effects in your imagination. I must say I'm impressed with Reeve's use of vocabulary so far. (ie: "decrepitude,... vermicular routes, ... bivouacking,... concupisent wonders." ).
To see the sight pictured above from the Blackpit Slums several thousand meters below the respectable living levels on that planet, is a wild tale to tell the grandkiddies they'll never believe...
.
I really enjoy being in the sunshine. I don't even have a tan yet this season. It was a pretty day, but I slept thru most of it. Thanks to bouncy ball playing 4-square on the road right outside my house, I didn't sleep too well, either...
.
The Weather woman said the heat would be back this week again, for the Labor Day tourist fling-finale.
I've been trying to talk the boss-man into getting me some time off in the near future, but so far he's been trying to push it into October. I'd really like some free time in the warmth this year. I'd like awake time to sit in the sun a couple of hours n get thru my little novel. The summer of 2005 is the last time I got to do that.
.
I'm jealous of all you folks who seem to have the whole summer to be at leisure... I've been too tired n sore lately, n guess I have to wait even longer to sit n read all afternoon. for now I settle for ten minutes once or twice a week.
.
Here comes the last week of the official summer season on the Cape, already!
(There goes the Sun-)

4 Comments:

At 2:22 AM, Blogger ZoeyBella said...

When I was away, the weather in Toronto was terrible, now it's all nice again. Strange how quickly it changes. But I'm happy either way. I've always liked storms for some reason.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Zoey, At least the nice stuff is following you. Storms are fun sometimes, (when it's not scary) but it's tough to have a good beach day in the rain!

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

I absolutely love the photo!!!

You're correct in admiring Jerry's work, he is good, but so are you!

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, Thankyou for the compliment.
Talking about storms, Hope your area made it thru Fay OK- I heard it made landfall 4 times in FL, n killed 11.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home