Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom Time

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
The rain stopped Saturday in time for a dry, late afternoon, The tulips out in the backyard are up, as usual, just in time for Mothers Day.
In the side yard blue Periwinkles n purple Lillies of the Valley are showing blossoms also. No need for the store bought, cut variety here. I enjoy them live on the plants better, anyway.
.
The breeze was cool, n very few folks were outside late on Saturday afternoon. I hiked up onto the hill as the Sun worked it's way down near the horizon through the trees. It was the optimum time without much pollen or insects to observe all the plants in their upheaval to rapidly sprout folliage, n fill in all the spaces I can see-thru.

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
.
It's a rare occassion I'm able to do such a thing without an instant allergy attack. Usually I can't wait for the trees to be done with their pollen fling. Next week, I'll prob have that familiar Oak-head-ache throbbing away again.
.
But for now, I'm amazed n greatfull to get to enjoy the few hours of daylight after errrands on Day Off.
(Thank non-Rx allergy pills) .
.
Working nights has been the pits lately, because I can't get anything needed done unless I sleep less hours to beat office hour deadlines. The tired has really been catching up with me. I've been grouching out like Oscar in the can. I'm really needing that tax-rebate ASAP (*where is it?). Time to sleep before the summer noise won't let me is tough to do lately. There aren't enough hours for it all.
.
Now for Mom Day, I don't get to rest either. Yep, I have to work all night after being up all day again.

Have yourselves a splendid time. Appreciate that rare time off-

8 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

hi hooman
"pal" want's me to tell you that he lost track of time and to wish you the best late "HAPPY MOTHERS DAY" also from me and the rest of us too....Buddy

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thankyou Buddy & the Doxies. Tell Pal late is ok. When people at work kept saying it, I kept thinking "Ya it would be if I wasn't at work..." It wasn't that bad tho-

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger ZoeyBella said...

Wishing you a happy day, every day! We could all use one now and them, right? ;)

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Zoey, thankyou! At least one anytime soon would be good- Yes, we do deserve it!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

They are handing out rebates by the last two digits of your SS#. Lucky for me, mine is under 20, so I got mine the first week. I don't know where it went, but the economy has been boosted?

Glad to hear you had a no allergy day as a Mother's Day gift! I love the flowers!

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, of course I desperately need cash for household supplies, n my digits are 99... what boost? It's a "just stay afloat!"
I had to see how much better flower pics are with the digi-cam... much better-

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

yes, indeed. where is the stilumus check.
checking account down to double digits. but God knows what I need.
Shalom

have a nice weekend

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I'm gonna goto irs.gov to see the projected send date next... We all need that cash injection pretty bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home