Friday, September 10, 2021

911 Post 2007

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2007

SnaggleTooth's Q / A Today

911 puter image by SnaggleTooth, September 2007
Image by SnaggleTooth 2007
...
Q: Where were you 6 years ago today at 8:50 am?
A:
 I was working days at a small software company in the production room with five other people.
...
Q: What were you doing when you first heard the news?
A: I was printing Fisher-Pierce update floppy labels on the thermal printer, 500 pieces, n listening to the radio speaker just above my head.
I couldn't believe what I'd heard. I didn't think anyone else was listening, so I turned around to the people working on a mailing at the table behind me n loudly asked them,
"Did he just say TWO planes crashed into the World Trade Center towers?"
Then the radio guy repeated it. When they reported a short time later that Tower 1 had collapsed, we all ran into the empty day-care room across the hall (without permission) n watched footage of people fleeing the huge dust cloud on a tiny 9-inch black n white TV set. We were soon shoo-ed back to work by the AH boss.
...
Q: Do you still vividly relive your feelings of that day?
A: Yes, after hearing the radio announcement I had the horrible shadow of dread over me, n a tight knot in my stomach. I didn't want to be at work anymore. It didn't seem important. I could picture the plan coordinator's skinny, dark, curly-haired form laughing n dancing with glee.
I dwelt on how the victims felt, on the planes, trapped on upper floors, jumping, unable to get down elevators, everyone in a panic. Time running out. Resigning to death in a deafening roar. Surprised. All becoming part of a suddenly pulverized huge human n cement pile. So much anger, horror, n beginnings of grief going through my mind.
(I felt these things before I heard about them, before I saw n heard the news later that evening.)
I had so much trouble working n concentrating on work the rest of the day until 5 pm. I couldn't wait to get home where I spent the next three days n nights glued to the news reports n footage I'd missed while at work that day.
...
Q: Did the events effect the way you live your life?
A: I've changed in many ways. I'm braver, n I never feel safe, or get complacent.
Now I always pay attention to the news. I stopped working full-time there n stopped stressing-out on that place with the unreasonable bosses. They didn't deserve the devoted nature of my hard work. They lacked compassion.
After that day, I got bolder in my convictions of what I will n will not do.
A couple months after that I successfully took a road trip 1600 miles to South Florida by myself in my new truck, then back home, (because I wanted too).
...
Q: Do you still get nightmares with that theme?
A: Yes, I've always been paranoid of large airplanes, n sometimes have the one of dying that (tower-smack) way. I've had PTSD in the past, n had many bad dreams in my life-time, alot after 911. I've had many dreams about the ghosts of the dead. The frequency has eased up recently, TG!
...
Q: Did you or some one you know lose some one who lost their life that day?
A: I didn't personally know any of the victims, but Yes, my musician friend, Bruce, lost a close, old-home-buddy he grew-up with in Sudbury, MA onboard flight 195.
He moved further up north after that, I haven't seen him a long time.
Some one from my home town was scheduled to fly but got bumped off the flight.
...
Q: How does this anniversary date affect you?
A: I honor the dead, light a candle, n pray. I remember.
Sometimes I get paranoid another terrorist act will kill alot of people on this date again, pray it won't, n try not to go out anywhere.
...
Q: If you were in charge, what would've you done differently than George W. in response?
A: Don't get me started! Just about everything, including concentrating on educating people of Islamic culture n countries on why Americans n themselves don't deserve to die due to religious differences.
Can you say, covert operations? Cutting all Bin Laden family oil business ties, ect.
No excuse, George!
... -----------------------------------------...
Go ahead n feel free to interview your-self:
(copy n paste if you like)
...
Q: Where were you 6 years ago today?
A:
Q: What were you doing when you heard the news?
A:
Q: Do you still vividly relive your feelings of that day?
A:
Q: Did the events effect the way you live your life?
A:
Q: Do you still get nightmares with that theme?
A:
Q: Did you or some one you know lose some one who lost their life that day?
A:
Q: How does this anniversary date affect you?
A:
...

Lord Bless the undeserving dead n all their survivors-

posted by Snaggle Tooth @ 3:55 AM  6 comments

3 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I was at work and our Secretary who always seemed the first to pass on gossip said that a plane had crashed into a high rise in New York City. I did not believe her and looked up the news on my computer. She was right! The whole day changed. We could see the smoke from the Pentagon from the top floor of our office building. We all left work and headed home in the middle of the afternoon. Both of my kids and some of their friends came to stay at the house for the next day so that they could get out of D.C. I never want to go through that again.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Wow, close enough to see the smoke, how horrifying for your kids and friends! I was nervous more could happen after that also, it was a tragedy imprinting on so many people. I don't understand anyone who didn't get affected from it!
Thanks for your story.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

folks, I copied and pasted this from a saved file and have no clue how to fix the formatting. I was super tech challenged...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home