Wednesday, May 27, 2015

For the Birds

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2015
Been going thru some major crap recently. In short, my village is becoming another "Hoy-dy Toy-dy," over-priced, tourist trap out to grab every last cent from your pockets...

No one can even stop by your house without a visitor parking pass, n parking must be paid by kiosk or sticker to go near the beaches.

Then there's a new Salt Water Fishing Permit which must be paid, n higher length requirements for keeping fish, plus only one Striped Bass allowed to keep per boat.

I witnessed the harbormaster in a boat by the ramp giving out a $200 ticket to folks who'd gone out to fish for the day.

I take major issue with all this, due to the fact this village was taken over by colonists from the Wampanoag natives who had their summer camp here, on the condition that the bluffs n beaches of the village would remain open n free to all the people.

It is no longer possible to be broke n still be able to fish your own food here. If the natives were still camping here, they would be racking up pricey ticket fees.

Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2015
My seasonal neighbors 15 feet away from my windows to their house on the side yard arrived this past week. They cut down the trees between our houses without permission, despite the trees belonging to this yard. Now they have a great view into my house's windows, n I have no privacy, unless I close up all the windows. which I have done. The south side of the house is no longer shaded from summer heat.

The sheltered place to feed the birds no longer exists. The HuckleBerry tree is gone, along with a young Maple. No more berries for me, or my critter friends anymore.

Stress at work is high, now stress at home is right up there too. Never mind rent increases. I can't afford to live here anymore. At the end of the month I'll be moving across town away from the village, closer to another beach I reported about a few years ago.

I've been in this place almost 30 years now, n I'll be down-sizing to a storage space, n fitting Mischief n me into one room. Hopefully it will be livable until I can save up more funds for a larger place again. Housing prices are crazy this time of year here- I'm lucky to have found this room when I did. This town is tied up tight as a drum before the Fourth of July, which is the yearly business pinnacle.

I have a gazillion things to sort, go thru, n make descisions about. Time to relax for 5 minutes has dried up. I'll be in Ultra-high gear for at least the next 30 days. I'm still not sure about how I'll do internet there until things are ironed out. Meanwhile I'll keep on until I have to dismantle everything here. But don't be surprised if I'm out of it for a bit toward the end of June, -An early apology for getting behind on Summer-Time blogging this year... 




9 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

remind me not to come up there to say HI.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, if you decide to visit, remember to bring oodles of cash!
Luckily you can say "Hi" to here from there...

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Wow! That is a major life decision - moving out of place you've lived in that long. I hope you'll be happy in the new place and that there aren't so many darn rules around there.

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I'll have so many less chores to worry ahout, n much less space. It's only temporary. Maybe I'll free up some art-creating time. I hope you're right, Thanks

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Wow keep us informed and yep I do know what you are going threw,my human was in his house 63 or so, He just got lucky im glad that he found us as he just lost his last Doxie...
We are 5 so we will be watching him close.... wish we could help you he said...
SPUNKYTHEDOXIE

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Spunky, Glad you found Pal when you did, n you even have the right Bday- Right around the corner. Mischief is lucky she can come with me. She doesn't want to give up her yard. Some things will be alot of work, but once there should have more free time with less chores.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Oh boy so it's all change in your life. So you lived were you are now for 30 years! That's a long time, but maybe the move will be a good thing, especially if your new neighbours have cut down all the trees and you've list your privacy. That's no fun at all. So you'll be in one room with all your possessions?

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, just fitting all I use everyday in one room will be a challenge. I'll have to share the kitchen n bathroom, but I'll have some company n alot less to clean at least. Yep.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

So now I'm caught up with all your posts.

30 years of items to deal with.

My heart is with you!

xoxooxxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home