Friday, December 14, 2012

Gaze

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2012


Just having one of those weeks. Been running in circles trying to get all the holiday errands taken care of, but have to slow down at the same time. After missing a day of sleep to attend the party mentioned below, I caught a cold bug along with several other folks who were there.

So I feel like doing nothing, but forced myself to the store yesterday for a small run, then stayed in today except for a late Post Office walk. Yay, I finally got my first snail Xmas card, from the Monks at Weston Priory, VT. (My uncle is a monk there). They always make a beautiful card. 

I'm jealous of that this year, because I like to design cards too, but I want a printer, so haven't. I plan to send out just a few store-bought ones containing a short note. I wanted to do some of those today.

I'm only about half-way thru my to-do list for this day, n I'm pooped already...  Half is better than nada tho- 
My homemade chicken soup was so good, n I needed it, along with recovery rest I really don't have time for-
  

Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 2012

Back to work tomorrow if I'm still operational, n I'm not ready for that yet either. More chores for that next... Better get to it...

Here is a pic of the decorated gazebo on the bluff with the pier in the background from today's walk. 

14 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

The last photo below really puts one in the mood. I have been avoiding crowds except for the one shopping trip. But tonight I head out to dinner at a friends, then a meeting and finally the CD promotion of my son. There will be a big crowd there and if I do not bring something home (like a cold or the flu) it will be a miracle.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I would have stopped in the gazebo and found it difficult to leave. Looks so calm and peaceful.

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, We went to an arcade n I suspect all the buttons were "tainted"- Today at work my boss coughed heavily on my arm not turning away fast enough. Had to wait an hour to wash, n was irked! Everyone here seems to have a different version of a bug... BBM got the noro-virus!
Good luck with all those crowd activities.

Gran Annie, I was on the gazebo taking all kinds of pics for a little while, but it was really cold n windy ontop of the hill there. time for the thick coat again- It was peaceful.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That gazebo is breathtaking. What a wonderful place to stop and catch your breath.

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, yes, n it's in a wonderful spot ontop of the hill near the native statue. They used to put lit, wooden displays all over the bluff, n have cut back to just the gazebo in recent years.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

That gazebo is beautiful!

I have loads of Christmas cards to write, but to be honest, I find it a real chore, and expensive too. It is nice to receive them, but I'd rather just not have to give or receive any. I know that makes me a party pooper!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I love the view from the gazebo. You are so blessed to live in such a gorgeous place.
I think I have most of my Christmas pretty much wrapped up. Just a little baking left to do.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures. They make my heart happy.

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Thanks. Yes cards is a chore. I don't really spend alot on them, except the included photos n stamps. I just wish I had more free time to do the notes. I find if you don't send any, the next year you get none... Sometimes I send them as Spring cards cause I'm so late!

Mountain Mama, Yep, there are many nifty sights in walking distance here. I'm glad I found this town back in the '70s. Thanks. Your pics are wonderful too.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yes, what a lovely gazebo, and I hope you are feeling better.

I plan to start on my cards today, so much to do. I hope you rest well tonight.

oxox

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, This sinus infection plus cold is really slowing me down- I just started cards, n am pooped again already! Still eating chix soup too- Rain all week doesn't help either- So much left to do, nevermind work laundry. Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

treat yourself right at this hectic time. So nice to see you today! Thanks

Aloha from Waikiki, my Friend
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >
> < } } ( ° >

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cloudia, need alot of rest I can't afford this week- The fast machine helps me see your beautiful pics so much easier. You do a good blogging job! Thanks

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I just set the gazebo photo as my background photo on my computer, makes me feel so warm and cozy when I look at it.

xoxo

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, enjoy! Guess it's a decent shot- Sorry I didn't see this comment right away... I'm slackin! So tired working early...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home