Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Get in Line, Take a Number

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2011
I'm so relieved another grueling work week in the stifling heat n humidity is over! Going into work early this summer has me unrested, plus I'm having bruised body-aches with bad sinuses again. I'm still trying to catch-up on the put-off errands from last payday. My list is long n furious to catch those store closing deadlines on Day Off.

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2011The dunp run for smelly trash is first, the Market for refrigerated food is last (closes at Midnight). Mischief needs Flea drops, Little Truck needs fuel treatment. I need to save some grocery bux at the The Dollar Tree, n get to the Post Office too.

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2011

The laundry n lawn are also in need of attention. I'll be happy to get any of it done at this rate- really tho, I just want to rest!

These are good, close bird pics for my old Digi-cam. This goose has lost her mate, n has adopted many additional goslings who are growing fast. I saw them from the D-bridge last week.

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2011

The gull was wave watching at high tide with me last trip to Fav Beach. Sometimes tasty tidbits roll in, n you got to stay on the ball or the other birds will get it first.


Wish I was more on the ball this week, myself!

9 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Is the "dump run for smelly trash" to get some smelly trash or to take some smelly trash? LOL

I did our laundry early yesterday morning before the drastic heat set in and because it is so hot our grass isn't growing so no need of mowing. (little rhyme there)

You seem to have you ducks in a row for your day. Oh wait, that should be geese in a row. Enjoy your busy day.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

When you need some rest, look at your photo of the goose and adopted goslings. They seem to have a missing man formation there.

Hope you get all that done, Snaggle - I'm behind on laundry myself. It's hard when you just have a couple of hours at home during the week. I can relate.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Laundry and lawn, always growing. :)

So much to do. I can relate.

Rest will help in all other things.

Post Office sounds exciting!! You sending or receiving?

Wonder where the mate went?

Missing man formation, never heard of that. Sounds kinda military?

xooxxo

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Neo said...

/me picks you up and sets you on top of the ball

There!

*pounces off*

PS. I have it on good word Jannie ate the other bird - but don't tell her I told you that - It's our secret, she'll never know

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

As I set here retired with nothing to do I think, WOW to have to be somewhere by a set time, to be a slave to the old clock again, to have meaning to each and every day. It sounds like you're having way to much fun.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, When the barrel gets full it's time to go- The fruit flies have been having a field day here lately! There's so much to do everything is fighting or attention. Now we're getting the big heat too. thanks

Lynn, That poor goose had 14 babies following her! (They didn't all get in the clear pic) Very busy she was. I got most done, but I'm skopping the lawn, as ir's about to fry in the heat anyhow, n will die faster cut short...Laundry for work first. Thatnks- hope you get caught up too!

JanF, I wish rest wasn't always last on the numbered list! I need to go pick up the accumulated PO box once in awhile. Havan't had time before work all week.
Never before seen a goose with so many by herself! 14- Yes that's a formation the Air Force does with jets. Thanks

Neo, Its rolling, but getting too hot to keep up... Darn that Al Gore is right! I know it- Here comes the heat... bet you'll get some too.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, sometimes it is good to feel driven instead of aimlessly passing time. But the stress doesn't feel too good- If i had nothing to do I'd surely be inventing paintings n prose leisurely, or perhaps writing a new song. I hope you haven't melted yet! Thanks

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Al "Manbearpig," Gore right about something? Please don't tell me you that you believe in his man made global warming, or I'll have to come down there and throw you into the water!

It's summer, it gets hot. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

As for here, we've been in the low to mid 80's, but over night last night it dropped to 48.

Still running my AC though. Keeping it cool in here. :)

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I want some ice cubes in the water, it's warm like bathwater! I just have fans- no AC in house or Little Truck here. Then at work I lean over just cooked food, n stand next to a walk-in dish-washer- so I'm in a steam bath every time they open the door to it- Totally roasting!
48 sounds like a refreshing cool-down!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home