Sunday, June 19, 2011

WaterWings

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2011
Another crazy summer order work week-end is zonking me out. It's warm again finally, I may wear shorts for the second time this year...

The Bruins Hockey team won the Stanley Cup this past week. Alot of local folks were excited about it this week. One work guy got to go to the big Duck-boat parade in Boston today before work. A ton of folks got to camp out all day up there.

I had to work so late the past few nights I'm not sleeping much again. I'd turned the tv on before the parade, n managed to sleep only those 3 hours of coverage, so I missed the whole thing. I was Off Weds to see the end of the final #7 game at least. I only really pay attention to hockey because I used to watch it with my Dad in the old Days. I find it easier to watch on tv than other sports.

Back in '70 n '72, I went to the Boston Garden with Dad a few times n witnessed Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Wayne Cashman, Derek Sanderson, n Gerry Cheevers Teamwork in person. I remember the names off the top of my head. This year I don't really know the current names without looking it up, tho know some faces even with the rally beards.

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2011
It feels good to have a winning local team once in awhile. I think it helps some folks be happier, 'cause even if you can't win, sometimes your team does, n gives you a reason to be enthusiastic, n celebrate. New England teams have had a good run the past several years, definately a perk of living here...

Just wish sometimes I could celebrate with everyone else instead of working all week-end...

9 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger TALON said...

You got to see some amazing players in action, Snaggle! How cool is that?

Congrats to the Bruins. They totally deserved the cup! I wish some of the fans in Vancouver had treated the loss respectfully.

I hope your work weekend passes quickly and that you have some nice warm weather to enjoy on your next day off, Snaggle!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

And here I'm not a hockey fan. Then some say I'm full of hockey.
But we will not go there. Get some rest if you can it helps when your driving.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I do appreciate that my Dad took me along n gave me amazing memories. Luckily, I can still see those historic hockey guys in my head. I heard Hockey haters created the violence problems in VC. Thanks, I'm crossing the fingers the sunshine will stick around for Day Off-

Ellis, Here in the Northern country it's a winter activity growing up, along with street hockey. We even did Floor hockey in gym class- I'll try not to sleep while driving- but I'm too sore to sleep this week! Thanks

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That's so great that the Bruins won - about time! I hated it that it triggered so much violence, too. That was just crazy.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Yes it was about time, n a good team also. That violence was very disturbing- Who'd want to get stuck in that?

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

You work damn hard! It must be tough.

I love the coloured boats, that's a great shot.

I wish the weather was warm enough here to wear shorts!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Snaggle, those 3 boats and that shot are one of my fave pix of yours ever. Just beautiful!! Think I'll have to nip it for my computer background, to take my breath away each time I log on. I still have those vines up in the waking-up pecan, the ones I deep zoomed in om maybe 2 months ago, at least.

I'm pretty sure my brother Pat had a Bobby Orr lunchbox.

hope you've had some sweet rest.

xxxooo

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

"Lemon Drop" the name of that yellow dory -- so so cute!!

xoxoxox

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Work is exhausting, n still not enough money... No shorts allowed at work, where it'a always hot! Thanks. We've had little hot weather this year yet. Good luck with shorts wearing in the the UK!

JanF, I'm still waiting for someone to say it looks like a floating Hamster... with swimmies. Prob bro Pat was a big hockey fan, close to my age. Some Folks here are Canuck fans, actually. More rest than last year! Thanks,
Yep, n folks are lucky they don't get stolen over there... most get chained to stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home