Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mom's Day

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2011



I hope today all mothers are fondly remembered. May all those flown from the nest get to connect with home again, don't forget to call, n show appreciation for all given thru the years. On Mother's Day I really miss my mother. I think every one who still has one is very lucky! Even if she does know just how to get on your case.




My Mother raised five children. I don't know how she did it, but she sure was strict! You just didn't dare to cross her, n she managed to make you do everything she wanted you to. She was a strong n opinionated, brave woman who taught us to stand up n fight for what was right, n to help every one we could.




Tho She's been gone over ten years now, I can still hear her voice in my head, n most fondly remember the sound of her laughter. Back in the year 2000 I made her a free web page n started collecting some things there to always remember. The page is still up in case we need a family recipe quick. One of the sections is "The Kitchen Wall," where in her house we always read the plaques given to her as gifts over the years. The following is from one plaque:




A mother has a special way


of bringing joy to every day,


of bringing laughter to your eyes


As childhood years fly quickly by-


A mother has a way it seems


of understanding hopes and dreams,


of knowing how and what to say


a mother has a special way.


- anonymous





May you all have a good Mother's Day-


You guessed it, I have to work!

12 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

What a nice way to pay a tribute to someone who was an important part of you and your siblings lives. Five kids, she had not choice but to be strict!

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

A wonderful post! My mother was a strict parent and she never touched us but did manage to keep us in line with "that look". It sounds like you know the one. I miss my mama every day too.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

Happy Mothers day to you!

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Thanks. Only had on computer shots to work with. Most is paper prints. Some were scanned in years ago. Yes, Mamm, drill sargeant Mamm!

Gran Annie, Thank you! I think the strict, tho initially causing frustrations, makes all the difference in shaping formative personalities. That wide-eyed stare- ready to pounce! Most of us get to that spot eventully- I empathize!

David, Thankyou! I know this is the toughtest one you've ever had! Bless you!

Note: Out of blog time today- Got a nasty tooth-ache ...

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I hope you had a happy day in spite of having to work, Snaggle.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Hope you had a lovely day! It wasn't Mother's day here in the UK, we've already had it in March.

We took my mother and mother-in-law out for lunch. :)

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

A very beautiful post, Snaggle which left me with tears in my eyes, both at your words and the poem's. And of course, your photo mosaic.

Happy belatedly 1 day.

xoxoxo

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks- As I said Happy Mother's Day to folks at work, I added "But it'd be alot happier if they'd pay us not to work today, wouldn't it?"

LLcoolJ, Thanks- In the old days All the girls used to go out for a brunch, then go to an afternoon cook-out conducted by the men, n the kids did all the clean-up- I miss that!

JanF, As usual, I had a very teary Mom's Day again myself. Between her Bday, Mom Day n her death anniversary I get really emotional at least 3 times per year on her account... It's such a special connection for us to have. Thanks

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

May mothers bless the world
and may they be bleased by
tho's they bless

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Snaggle. No matter how many years pass, they are still with us, aren't they? Some days make it extra difficult.

I'm sorry you had to work Mother's Day, but I hope it was a beautiful one for you just the same, Snaggle.

And I love the message on the plaque - it's so sweet.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, indeed! I know some folks dis-infranchised with their family folks- very sad on these holidays.

Talon, Thanks, you do understand it never gets easier. I understand why my Mother used to be sad this day too! Thanks, I never got sick of reading those on her wall. I've been known to redesign the words on my own plaques... Hope your Mom's Day went well, if Canada has the same one.

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I was here before- Darn Blogger Bugger!

Ellis, indeed- Bless them all! I actually work with folks estranged from their family members- these holidays are tough for them-

Talon, Thanks- I know you understand- n I now understand why my Mom was sad those days too-- Glad I saved the plaque words to revisit. I've been known to make my own plaque designs with them too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home