Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Foggy

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 26 2011
The good news is it was 62 degrees F today!

The bad news is it was so foggy n drizzly out there. This is the fourth week in a row all my Days Off have been wet. I decided it couldn't wait any more, so I put on vinyl gloves n picked up most of the bottle-caps, broken glass, n stuff in the backyard.



Image by SnaggleTooth April 26 2011


Mischief wouldn't come outside with me, or even on the deck. Maybe it was the smell of the bee-repellant I put on the deck under-boards earlier. There's part of a small, paper-wasp hive under there from last year I'm hoping to stop.

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 26 2011

The lawn grass is just beginning to get new, green shoots. Some of the shrubs are beginning to sprout leaves. I still need to clear leaves from the periwinkle area, which should bloom soon. Lillies of the valley on that side are sprouting buds already.



Image by SnaggleTooth April 26 2011
I made stick piles to pick-up when it's drier out. I saw the tulips coming up again, after being absent last year. I'd moved stuff from the folks downstairs off of them last week. I hope I can get to the rest of the yard clean-up before the tree pollen comes out. I'm sure those head-aches will be severe...

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 26 2011
I'd wanted all of it done at the beginning of the month, n here we are on the last week of the month already- My ambition has been far ahead of my energy level after an increased workload.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 26 2011


Still, I can't seem to ever get enough sleep to make up for the last two years of deprivation. Rain n fog always make me feel like hibernating. At least a few things got done under soggy conditions.

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 26 2011




I passed the M-cove n stopped for these pics on my way out to errands. I like how the otherside of the cove dissappeared. I hope you enjoy the presented transformations. Spring's transformation here has begun... under the fog.



Image




14 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

The transformations are interesting but I love the real fog photos even better. I love foggy days.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

The fog has always been a mystery to me. You showed us what is hidden in the fog.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

Fog photos are soooooo coool

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I love fog - it takes the norm and makes it all mysterious. Wonderful shots, Snaggle. I'm glad you got some clean-up in (still annoyed that they left all that for you!!) before the pollen counts start climbing. Everything here this year is delayed and while some shrubs are starting to push out the leaves, I'm dying to see the trees dressed now!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

who was absent -- you or the tulips? :) So they skipped a year?

I remember my dad being still a bit discombulated about his sleep after years of working weird shifts, day and night. Poor guy. I hope your next sleeps make you feel like clicking up your heels while playing banjo on the beach. :)

P.S. When you can't find Mischief it's because she's with me. In fact, mischief is always with me. :)

Sun, come shine for my ocean friend.
And let her wasps begone again.

oxoxo

P.S. Thanks for picking up the trash. You beautify many worlds.

ox (agin!!)

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I like fog - you have captured it beautifully, Snaggle.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Lots and lots to do and no time.
weather is not being nice.
Grass and flowers don't seem to care about bottle caps and broken glass.
Watch out for the pollen it's hard to see.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Thanks. I like the pics better than the fog. It's good when you don't need to travel in it!

Gran Annie, There's alot of unrealized form in that grey- thanks

Paige, thanks, n warmer n not hot either!

Talon, Certainly transforms perception. It all began with stopping after rdriving past the dinghy- Our trees began pollinating today in more fog! Hope your trees come along soon!

JanF, I wasn't absent, I did foggy yardwork! The tulips were covered with crap all year! They always bloom around Mother's Day, but not last year. Haven't cleaned the banjo recently, alot of achoo dust! Mischief is slowing way down. I hate other folks trash. Thanks

Lynn, I found a good spot for the fog pics. Thanks

Ellis, you got it exactly again! That litter is dangerous for the kids n pets tho- Tree pollen nailed me today! thanks

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - I like fog shots. Always makes the normal look un-normal. I like walking in it to.

Speaking of wasps, If I can remember to ask the person again, I'll send you a photo of the largest wasp nest I've ever seen in my life. Thing was HUGE!

Good luck with the rest, a little sunshine goes a long way.

Peace,

- Your friend that read this

(unlike some of your readers!!!)

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I've taken alot of fog pics I didn't like in the past- I think a good foreground subject n the half-way hidden stuff are key in a decent composition to define it in 2D. Of course Live is always best!
That darn little nest was out of reach of my longest yard tool from below n tried thru under the stair risers too while still cold out. "Shoo fly" does work well, but reeks like kerosene. Oh well- no time for rest this week anyhow. Thanks

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Neo said...

I hear ya... I took a bunch here not long ago when visibility was like less than 2 blocks away, will have to dig them up. They always give a nice spooky touch to things. :)

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, yeah, n then run them thru a few filters... You always have mysterious images up.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Neo said...

13

Then just slap on a caption to the fog picture.

"Where did I park the car?"

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, What car? What water? All i see is white hazey stuff..."Hello... Is somebody there?..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home