Thursday, March 11, 2010

Iso Zone

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010
.
.
Wish I'd gotten out today to take this pic of old pilings n the little private island in the village harbor, (from back in February). I didn't get any new good ones at all- Today it's been spitting a few random showers in the chilly 40Fs.
.
I'm feeling a bit stranded without Little Truck around who's out getting some repairs done. Feels strange to not get out for all the errands I'd planned on. Oh well, minimal is good when rescheduled rest is needed.
.
Yesterday after about three hours of sleep, I was woken up with loud, banging, roof-repairing directly over head. (Maybe it'll stop dripping in my LR). Today I woke myself up to make calls to get progress made on little Truck's current needs. It's true, the aging brain doesn't function properly without 4-6 minimum hours of sleep. Of course a couple of hours is better than none, but really- TG I'm not building any rockets today!
.
On the TV news today they had a story about a mass, White-Sided dolphin stranding in Wellfleet on the "Lower Cape" (I live on the ("Upper Cape"). Two separate groups of sixteen animals are involved. They always get some strandings there, but this many at once hasn't happened before. I always wonder if they're disorientated by storm-shifted sandbars, following changed magnetic fields in the planet, or have panicked running away from large predators like Orca or Tiger, or White sharks (previous. long shark post).
Maybe they're just tired like me...?
.
Dolphins are said to be the most intelligent sea creatures based on the brain-body size ratio. I once read a newspaper article (wish I could find it now somewhere in storage), decribing their underwater communication sounds being compressed cone-shaped images they are projecting long-distance to other dolphins. These focused audio-bursts must this very instant be beaming across the world's oceans to read! There's a visual I imagine often- It's difficult to imagine tho, that such intelligent critters could get so easily fooled n trapped by low tide's slow ebb.
.
So much on Earth remains a mystery. No matter how smart we get, there's just so much the mind is willing to grasp n piece together... Now I hypothesize, that scared dolphins from the Pacific off-shore during today's new Chile Quake zone, somehow relayed messages of "Quick, Run for the hills!" all the way to the North Atlantic. Wouldn't that be something-
.
Perhaps there is a bad game of "Dolphin Telephone" going on...

5 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger TALON said...

It's not hard to imagine that they did a telegraph type thing and now I have images of them on little cell phones - lol!

I hope the roof repair (too bad it had to wake you up) means the end of your wet woes!

The light in that shot is truly spectacular, Snaggle.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cloudia, Aloha! Today I linked you in my sidebar. Thanks for visiting ESR!

Talon, I'm sure they can handle it- I'm still having a learning curve on the new phone, myself...! Folks never believe I really have to sleep in the daytime!- I'm amazed the shot came out that well. It was near sundown, same day as the "Too Blue?" pic

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I hate it for you that your sleep was interrupted - that is the worst, isn't it?

Pool dolphins - I always worry about things like that.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

i am so sorry yor sleep did not get finished. not funs.

i liek heering about dolfins. and i seed on tv that a shark kan smel one drop of blood from a mile awae.

that sure is sumthing!!

xoxo

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I'm about to miss more sleep every day in my forseeable future- Have an Insurance inspection coming up, it's time spring ahead week, n I still have to work- My house needs alot of work! Ugh-
I hate when the dolphins get stuck!

BB, I'm so tired lately, it hurts! Stingy eyes, head-aches, Tea, more tea! I think sea animals are very interesting. Dolphins are so smart, I wonder why they were fooled into being trapped. Aren't you glad you don't hafta swim all day?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home