Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Monday

July 31
...
After waiting two weeks for these two days off, I'm incredibly sore.
My arms, hands, n feet are so bruised n dinged from tired clumsiness, it hurts to do anything. The other day at work I dropped a heavy, large, flat steel screen off a pile four-feet up which landed edge down across my toes, now sporting a deep-blue bruise-line. (The middle one may be broken again). I've pinched n banged-up many of the fingees, n chipped the top-middle section off most of my nails. (This is why I need two days off, so I don't get so tired n clutsy). Still, I'm supposed to mow the lawn n get other chores done n use the time to heal somehow.
...
I wanted to get the floors washed, n get to the laundymat, but looks like that'll wait again - My hands are not co-operating. I thought I was gonna throw an "Ellen-esk Cleaning Party" in this off-line break, but not only do I have to consider the extreme local heat conditions, it'll be too painful.
...
I'm having the most trouble holding objects like pens n my hairbrush. The cats are begging to be brushed but gettin fewer comb-strokes. Even this typing is a bit uncomfortable, my knuckles are so bashed up. Playing instruments is out of the question.
...
Maybe the fingees'll feel better in the heat tomorrow, it tends to be easier to move after hot soaks, n that matches the weather report!
Tough to find that positive slant sometimes...
...
I'm very pleased to announce there is now some tree shade here. Those oak trees stripped bare of folliage across the street from my place this spring (reported with photos in earlier posts) have recently managed to sprout a smaller second-round of new leaves! Yay!
The trees are no longer naked!
I have Green, shade, n privacy, at last! Whew...
...
That happened at some unnoticed point during the past two weeks of my workathon. Also some Brown-eyed Susans n pink Poppies blooomed while I was oblivious. By the time I watered them all today, they were a bit wilted. Wonder how the plants'll do with the intense heat this week...
...
I know a wide area of the country has been victim to extreme heat conditions so far this summer season. Lets hope this doesn't become a regular yearly occurance for everyone.
...
Meanwhile, guess I'll have to take it easy awhile, like it or not...

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I went through your posts again, came here and thought I'd already left a comment. Silly me! I am so far behind in everything I thought I'd done, that I don't even know how far behind I am!

I got a laugh over your party idea, but felt bad to hear you had some injuries. Those are not fun especially if it's the hands and feet. You just need both of them too much to be able to do without them.

Hope the cleaning fairies dropped by to help you with the chores, and that all injuries heal soon!

Also a big YAY! to the green returning to the trees. My brother went down to our cottage to check on it just last week... I forgot to ask him how the yard looked. He's busy switching insurance claims. Seems that everything past the bridges cannot get insured, but before the bridges has to be on some kind of town insurance. ????? I don't understand, but papers are on the way to explain it.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, ya, it's difficult to do everything without hands! (my thumb is the worst).
My commentz on Mike n K's just before last week's outage here all disappeared on me too... I think blogger's dryer ate them!

I saw an article in the paper today, that Insurance under-writers are no longer insuring homes (required mortgage insurance policies) in waterfront communities, So everyone is scrambling to find another company to accept them, in town here also!
I think maybe a local agency has to handle the policies because of bank's mortgage rules perhaps-
more reading n research needed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home