Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Good Enough to Eat

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2018

I'm a bit off my normal Schedule since working 6 days in a row last week.

No, I won't get any extra paid time because the days are split over 2 pay periods.


Image by SnaggleTooth May 2018
All that happens is I work too hard, sleep too little, n get as much done as possible in the one Day Off, for errands.

I had to skip the library n renew my borrowed stuff early so I am here on the wrong day this week, n after this I need to do shopping, n laundry.


Image by SnaggleTooth May 2018

I'm making an effort to cut back more on groceries n extras like lottery tix now, to get more saved up for other things.

For Memorial Day week-end I went on a overnight trip to visit my younger daughter's for a B-day BBQ. It was fun, even tho it was pretty soggy n we stayed inside most of the time.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2018

It's a Pot Luck event, where everyone brings food to offer for the crowd. Hot dogs n Hamburgers were provided by the hosts.

I brought chips, a bunch of drinks, pickles, pasta salad, a whole watermelon, n fresh pineapple. 2 other folks also got watermelon, so I am still eating some I got to bring back with me.



Image by SnaggleTooth May 2018

Lime-flavored Nacho chips n plenty of dips were in the huge display of goodies also. I don't like dip, but it was very popular with other folks.

All the kids pigged out on the tons of watermelon to their hearts content.

I always like watermelon to eat in the heat, myself. The weather has been very cool this week. Summer was here for only a couple of days over a week ago. Hopefully it returns soon...
Image by SnaggleTooth May 2018

These are just a few quick altered pics. You can tell this group is natural colors.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2018

Again I read blogs, but never got to comment. I am out of time again today, perhaps tomorrow. I

Blogland seems to be sleeping this year- getting so slow! I have slowed mine way down too.
I'm not done yet tho.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2018

But I did get pretty full!
Back to errands-
Image by SnaggleTooth May 2018



11 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

We have been battling the 90*
here for a couple of weeks.
A few storms also.
Food looked good.

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis! Yep, I'm still eating watermelon! We have not seen 90 yet, but today will be warm without rain- Yay! Enjoy that ac!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

Thank you for sharing your art! From Grateful Dead territory, Marin County CA ;)

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cloudia, Glad to share with you. I used to play n sing "Friend of the Devil" with my guitar. Thank you!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I like watermelon too! How long does it last before it goes off? Sounds like the food was good even if the weather wasn't great.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

this weekend into next week is supposed to be wicked hot and humid.. blech. weather this week has been pretty great overall. not complaining

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Mine stayed good almost 8 days after cutting! I left the rind on n double-zip-bagged it, standing rind down (wedges). I heard in Japan it can cost up to $1100 for one watermelon! We are paying about .99 per pound.

Erica, been cool here until today. finally want the fan on! Today perfect really. Wish I could sleep AND go to the beach!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I like those lime flavored chips. Sounds like a good time.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, My daughter loves those - yes, it was. Thanks

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Neo said...

<--- Not slow. Just deliberating.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger nikkolayebba said...

?I was very pleased to find this net-site.I needed to thanks on your time for this excellent learn!! I undoubtedly enjoying each little bit of it and I've you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post. slots for real money

 

Post a Comment

<< Home