Thursday, February 23, 2017

You May Cringe

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

This week I had to take an emergency dental day off. I'm happy to nap a bit n not be in as much sharp pain as I endured the previous 6 days. Nothing like a nerve that won't quit ontop of a huge abscess. I hope to never let it get so bad again!

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

I woke up Monday n tried calling the dentist office, but they were closed due to the Presidents Day holiday. I really wasn't thinking clearly. I also tried to mail a parcel, but the Post Office was closed too! I still schlepped my way to endure work with tooth pain again.

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

From the previous nights I knew the pain would be bad, especially about 10 pm. The problem was allergies n folks with strong perfume too close to me. They get to walk around, I have to stay at the end of a machine or stuff hits the floor. I started having a bad reaction to breathing in fragrance though my mouth, n my mouth was swelling up like crazy. This pinched on the distressed area causing more pain.

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017


I swallowed 7 benedryl at intervals before the swelling let up. Amazingly I got the work done.


Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

The following morning I ended up getting 4 teeth in a row pulled, all were abscessed. It was the most painful procedure I've ever endured, n somehow I sat still for it. I concentrated on holding up fingers indicating my pain level while I couldn't speak. I got to 10 several times. What a relief to get the nerve-crazy one out! After that the rest were easy.


Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017


I couldn't do much after that. I told folks I'm on a starvation diet. Had to let the tea get cold n the cold drinks lukewarm for a day, n drink thru straws. Yesterday I got to eat some overly soggy, easy to swallow, wheat cereal n pudding. Today I'll work on making baked beans in the crockpot for more energy before getting back to the job.

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

I can't wait for that spot to get healed up.
My face feels like someone punched it...

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

The weather is pleasant, about 50 F these few days. I could be enjoying it more, but I need to take it easy. I'll walk today anyhow, n take my time.

I really tried to think up other subjects but this has dominated all my time! I hope  to be able to think again soon...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

I couldn't resist stopping at the end of my previous home's street for a snow at the beach pic on my  last Day Off.

14 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

So you weren't deadened at all during that teeth pulling? It sounds perfectly awful - I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I admire you for how you manage to get through work, etc. in spite of all that. Hugs!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I am surprised that they did not give you a shot or two. All my dental work is done when my gums are numb. Glad it is over and you need to take rest and restore or you will come down with a cold or the flu as you body has been fighting.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, only Novocaine, n it didn’t work on the nerve. It is easier to stay busy than sit around thinking about your pain, I think. Thanks

Tabor, I had shots but didn't touch the pain to the bone. I have been going through the flu n sinus infection since Xmas week. This was an added on amendum! Folks at work still have that very long lasting bug. Can't wait til I feel good again. 2 months is a long time. Thanks

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Oh no now I'm worried as I'm having a tooth removed in a couple of weeks and I assumed the injections would stop me being in pain!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

The two worst pains in the world are abscessed tooth pain and toe injuries. Bless your heart. Love you pictures especially the last one. That's a new style. Quite lovely.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I had a nerve with shooting pains that couldn't wait, plus under the roots in the gums infected. If your nerve is bearable now, pulling won't be that bad. Mine got totally beyond what I should have let it do. Weekend n holiday messed me up. Hopefully your experience won't be half as bad! Good luck to you

Gran Annie, I think you are right! Walking with toe pain is tough also. Yay, someone noticed the different looking pics! Thanks.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger colleen said...

I felt like I was taking a macro journey into your cells and nerve pathways with the talk of pain juxtaposed with the pictures, some of which looked like cities.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Colleen, I'm always amazed how the pics end up being influenced by the words, or visa versa. The old movie "Inner Space" with Dennis Quads, Martin Short, n Meg Ryan did that journey, I remember... Thanks

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

owls up on perches rest
Then a molt to keep one out
houses grow bridges span
the center is open to all man
then I see a pond or two
but there in a weird shade of blue
roads built but none go through
then all died as the big bomb blow

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Poof! Roads to nowhere is my journey... Thanks!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger cube said...

You poor thing. Your ordeal sounds like a living hell. I was sedated via IV for my recent dental dilemma because I was having an implant installed. See photo here . I've been on a soft diet since 2/8/17 and I've lost 12 pounds. It's such a long process that I'll probably end up losing much more.

Hope you feel back to normal very soon.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cube, sorry to hear you're having dental work too! I've been eating soft for awhile. Stew in the crockpot is my fave, must have tomatoes n sweet potatoes in it . I'm not counting pounds, but I hardly have been eating again this week, n it doesn't take effort to lose at this stage. I really hate losing muscle mass tho! Can tell on thighs n upper arms. Thanks

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger cube said...

I can totally empathize with what you're going through. I've lost 12 pounds so far, but as you said, it's not a good weight loss. I worry about losing muscle mass, too. I can't wait to be able to bite into a hamburger, a big sub, anything, I don't care as long I can bite into it. According to the dentist, I have months to go before the bone grows around the implant and it becomes permanent. I may go mad before then.

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cube, mmm hamburgers! I have been cutting them into thin slices to eat it, with a fork. Apples not cooked are near impossible too. Good luck finding ways to go around the food!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home