Thursday, February 16, 2017

Wood U B a Deer?

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

Oh Deer

Next to the front porch there's a small, two-foot high deer statue in the garden bed. I like the way he carries the snow. These were all taken during the "Blizzard of 2017" last week. while I was shoveling the porch.

I wonder what they would name the next time if we get another one...?

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017


Today we'll get a little bit again. We have been alternating snow, rain, n one sunny, very windy day, rain again, repeat. The sidewalks are terrible with frozen slushy ice or snow piles never shoveled, except near the schools. Alot of roads have no sidewalks. It's tough being a winter pedestrian here.


Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017
Last week two folks on the way to work, driving,  slid off the highway. One is still out injured. 

I'm grateful to still be wearing the old LLBean gear this year. My feet have never gotten wet in those boots! I'd heard it's been tough to get Bean Boots the past few years, due to a large back order. I'd heard news they were increasing the production equipment to try to get profit back under control. Their products are high-priced, but do seem to last forever. They always had a life-time guarantee return policy. I heard they are also planning to change that.

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017I'm really sick of heart- shaped goods, but 
I scored some half-price Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Strawberry squares at the after Val Day sale. They are so good...

During this week's Library visit I need to get my tax forms n instructions saved to start reading. That'll cut into blog time a bit now until I get t all figured out. 

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

It was blowing small snowflakes sideways when I took these pics, but only by looking at trees across the road can you tell how poor the visibility was.

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

A friend gave me a stack of Star Trek movie dvds when he replaced them all with Blue-Ray this week. So I'm doing a marathon of the oldies next. I saw most of them with my Dad decades ago. I watched "Beyond" the newest 2016 film, first. Effects have really gone light years ahead at Warp 7 from those first ones! They are on the 50th year anniversary!

 I think it's sad how the U.S. space program has made so little progress on humans traveling in space since that sci-fi show began. We've gotten so good at faking it on film, but technology n funding can't hope to get to the level seen on the big screen these days.

I know folks who don't believe the Moon walk with Neil Armstrong was real. I remember watching it during school on a little Black & White Tube set the teacher brought in. I believe it was real n live on that tv.

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

 I'm still waiting for a Moon Base to get built...

 Back to "... Exploring strange, new worlds, n new civilization. Boldly going where no one has gone before...!"

...in my images n in my brain - 

(Note: I kinda mixed up which images came from which, the top from the trees, bottom from the front view of the deer)

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2017

6 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Wow lots of wonder to comment in on this post. Poor little frozen deer. Poor little frozen YOU. You have had your share of winter. I laughed about your Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Strawberry squares the day after Valentine's. Ron and I always waited to celebrate after the day so we could score sales. LOL

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, plus the little elec heater I had died n I waited 3 days to get a new one, so was cold even sleeping. No one else here shoveled either. The ice was bad getting to the road from the door. The day after sales are so much fun! Those candies go for $8 per bag too! So over priced- some folks are born to bargain hunt...

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I fingered the 50% off Valentine's chocolate at the drugstore yesterday, but passed (with a sigh.) Supposed to be on a diet. :)

Just looking at the deer makes me cold. So glad you are getting through it - those boots sound amazing.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger colleen said...

I have an angel who wears my snow and when she does I name her "the cold shoulder." We only got one snow (so far?) this year. I survived the blizzard of '78 in Weymouth MA. Your kaleidoscopes make me happy but nostalgic.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger cube said...

I don't know, but that first pic of your dear looked demonic to me. Devil Dear, maybe?

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I'm actually glad I had those extra calories to work off now! Good for you having that willpower! Now I'm on an involuntary diet. The cold keeps it interesting, n the boots are legendary for those who have some. Thanks!

Coleen, I love angel everythings! Should show a few here sometime. I do believe in them. I weathered the Blizzard of '78 in Metro-West with my first infant at my Mother's home. 6 feet! 3 day travel ban! We were stuck there all week, but we had alot of fun anyway! Walking to the store each day, n shoveling 4 times a day each. Thanks for the memories. I bet Weymouth was deep too on the shore there. Plus flooding! This week I played with settings on the effect differently. Glad you like them, I am addicted!

Cube, Hmmm, yes it does! I couldn't think about much evil it was doing tho, or me hopefully! Sometimes titles here can be challenging! Thanks for your observation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home