Thursday, February 09, 2017

ESR Snow Day

We interrupt our regular, scheduled library posting due to being bumped by another load of frozen white, fluffy,  crystals, plus blizzard conditions. These things are to be expected during New England winters. Normally I would not let this deter me from my planned mission. Today, however, I'm certain the that everything will be closed n everyone is cancelling everything!

TG I don't have to work! I bet they'll have to get there at 9 am to not get stuck without a way in... Not me! I'm going to stay put n try to post with this tablet thing! I do really hate typing with a stylus one letter at a time, but that is how this got here.

Photo by SnaggleTooth previously on ESR


Pic taken from the archive, is of frozen beach water  in 2007 I think.
Only took 2 hours to figure out... Hope to be back next week!

9 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I think you are right to stay put. My sis has a keyboard / case she ordered to go with her tablet.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Stay warm and eat soup. We will be here next time.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I went outside to shovel the porch n walkway, n that was tough! At least 10" by 5pm already, n ice under it. Just heard of a lot of town power outs. Lucky here so far! Hmm, keyboard gadget sounds like a good thing to have- will look for one. Thanks

Tabor, made turkey soup last night n more for today. Gonna keep the kettle water hot in case there are power problems in these single digits. At least I had this option, just need to figure out how to do it better. Won't be fun getting to work tomorrow. Thanks

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I feel guilty sitting here in 60 degree weather. I am just holding my breath because I believe our winter will still arrive. At least you know how to handle it.

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, We had it pretty good until recently. Guess there's no getting rid of the bomb will drop feeling! Tough to depend on seasonal weather anywhere these days, so unpredictable! Hope your good luck holds out for you- thanks

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger cube said...

You poor thing. You're right to stay put if you don't have to be out. My in-laws live on Cape Cod, but they're spending February here in Florida on vacation. They're hardy folk and used to snow, but they feel fortunate to have missed it this once.

I was debating a tablet this Christmas, but decided on a new lap top instead. I don't like messing with a stylus or very tiny keyboards.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cube, nothing was open out there. Lucky I didn't have to work. They all went in later that night. Yep we get very used to it. Lucky for your In-laws timing! Also flooding wasn't too bad. Some dune damages on the news today tho. This is different, but way better than no on-!one access, n way cheaperĀ”. I finally got you up on tbhe sidebar. Thanks

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger cube said...

Hang in there girl, snow-wise and keyboard-wise, you'll get it.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cube, everytime I tell my kids I am tired of learning new ways to do the same things on different systems they get me another one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home