Thursday, January 26, 2017

Icicles

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2017


Yep that's how it is...

Not much going on except less work hours with orders way down this week. I could get more pay calling in sick, but want to get out of the house.


Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2017

All the heart products are likely to increase the next three weeks. No one I know actually spends much for that "Hallmark Holiday," but in past years I have seen crazy-long, drug store lines. Is is sad to have a holiday sales based economy in our off-tourist season here.

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2017


This week I watched the film "The Impossible" with Naomi Watts n Ewan McGregor about a family Xmas vacation in Thailand that goes horribly wrong when the huge Tsunami hits in 2004, a true story. I feel fortunate my life is not that exciting...


Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2017

(Used for two crops here. )
Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2017

At least I'm not still feeling the flu dragging me down, n the cool weather makes it easier to sleep.  Winter is expected back soon after all this 40F rain got us most of the week. The older you get, the more it makes you creak! Walking in it again today...

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2017

I like the graphic qualities of the altered color version better than the real photo.

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2017


I'll title this one "X's and O's on Fire"

Maybe it would make a good Val card...

I've designed my share of those!

 Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2017

The altered pic is an outside corner of a nearby market during snow-melting.
Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2017

This is a different crop location of the first image used today. 

9 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

What fun. I love those close up geometrics. It is almost like an abstract painting. Glad the germs are staying away!!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

You always do such an amazing job on these altered pictures. I love these colors. It has been a while but I remember seeing that movie and it scared me to death because it was based on a true story.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I find Valentine's Day so annoying - I never understand it. Why don't people show that much love to each other every day??? Rant over.

Love your altered images from a very creative photo!

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, thanks. It reminds me of studying Albretch Duur in design class with the corners. More of the library beams may be posted soon. I can't believe I Am sick again with only a few days of feeling ok in between.Seems like 3 separate viruses in one month here!

Gran Annie, parts were difficult to watch n imagine. I do remember feeling traumatised when I heard about that DEC 26 wave on the news, even tho they replayed Japan over n over, I new it also hit SouthEast Asia. I'm glad the characters made it after all that struggle tho! There's a pic of the real them in the credits. Glad you are enjoying my discoveries too!

Lynn, point well written there! Some folks here are trying to catch a match before Val day, just to feel part of the day- I hear some females are tough to please with the status quo. But I do feel it's the worst invented holiday. Guess some guys do need a reminder to try more often. My mom always got roses n candy. We kids got some candy too. At work we go crazy with heart shaped stuff n can't wait til it is over! Thanks

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger colleen said...

You need to go in the poster and card business!

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Coleen, someday when I can get an inventory printed. Then there's calendars n poetry anthology. I have a program that can make books. Prob will do when I retire. Not enough rent money n time these days. Space to set it up would help also. Thanks

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Sorry I keep dropping the second l in your name!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I'm sick of Valentines day because I don't know what to give my loved ones anymore. It seems all the normal things like chocolate and flowers aren't wanted, and it's all a big waste of money.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LlcoolJ, How about music mix CDs? Or an ecard? Just some suggestions. I always like chocolates, the dark ones. Best of luck with that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home