Thursday, December 10, 2015

Countdown

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2015

December is starting to tick away at my nerves, but at least I seem to be getting things done incrementally. I'm on my second week of feeling poorly with a cold, sinus infection, plus tons of hyper-sensitive allergies I keep running into. At least my sinuses are a bit better today. TG for mucinex n cough-drop products! This week the whole town ran out of the peppermint candies I'd been using to calm my coughing.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2015


I should've used the rest of my sick time probably, but I need to get out of the house where head-aches from allergies to soap n a
air fragrances are afflicting me. I hate not having control over chemicals used in the bathroom n kitchen.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2015

Hopefully I'm recovered next week so I can get to some candy n cookie making this year I already have ingredients for them. Right now I have no appetite or sense of taste to enjoy my Nannie's Russian Teacakes, Santa Clause Cookies, n Toffee. Those are my favorite holiday flavors.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2015

We're still in a snow drought here, Temps today about 50 F. I won't complain I didn't dig out my boots yet- I've needed hats, scarves, n gloves on just a few windy occasions so far.

   

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2015

We're in the shortest daylight hours time now, n I've been going to work in the dark every day. Alot of folks here have holiday lights up, n I have a few in my window, scored at the Dollar Tree! I just realized I need to dig out past received cards for  addresses to send to. My desk is in storage with it's contents. The closet search mess thought is stifling my ambitions, but some should be here. Maybe I'll find time tonight. So much to get done, n tough without feeling well.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2015

At least blogging has me thinking again. Off to the holiday races... At least that's how it feels-

(Pic from the leaf carpet found at the library in November. It's all brown n grey out there now.)

5 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Wow you want to run and not your nose
yet things are stuff wherever you go
? No snow because it's way to hot
I'm wondering when that will stop

I use to say all things will pass
I say if there at your door kick their ***

Did I say that????

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

I hope you find a better living situation in the spring if at all possible. This situation has you down. I also hope you get your addresses so that you can finish your cards!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Hope you are making your Christmas cards out of the beautiful altered pictures you design.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'm glad you are feeling a little better, so you can enjoy the holidays a little.

Ellis's poem cracks me up!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I'm betting on snow in July this year-
Where's the snow for the reindeer?

Great advice, I want to but will settle
for snowballs...

Tabor, I will probably not find a better deal with an outdoor garden space I can have. I'm trying to stick it out awhile longer to save money. I have my old PO box so at least I will get cards. I'll find search time this week I hope.

Gran Annie, I don't have my printer at home, it's in storage. I love designing cards, just too complicated to set that up in too little space. Maybe next year- Someday I'll build an inventory n have a web store. Thanks

Lynn, even better this week! Extra day off again- need to use up sick time, two more to go.
Ellis is a well of great time here- Bless his heart- we need laughs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home