Saturday, April 25, 2015

Rising Color

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2015
 Earlier this week before going to bed I caught a glimpse of awesome sunrise colors in the kitchen window. I ran out to the deck in the chilly air with my new cam n snapped the view thru the trees of the dawn over the B-cove. Soon the leaves n pollen will crowd in the way of seeing this.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2015

Finally the photos are more colorful than the altered counterparts, plus they came out well,

The chill is coming back overnights this week. We've been spoiled above freezing for a few weeks. I moved a bunch of plants outside, n had to cover them with plastic the past few nights.

I started a few seed flats for Petunias n Impatiens to see if I can save a few bucks n trips to the store. I already bought a tomato, n more strawberries for the deck. Last year's strawberries were brought in for the winter, n re-sprouted last week, so maybe I'll get more than one per day this year.
I'm really looking forward to some free deck food, because I've been so broke lately paying bills that I've cut way back on shopping.


Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2015


I've been so busy with errands this week, that I put off the rest of the raking. This post took days to do-now that I have some pics to work with.
I've had little time for reading also.

Blogland weems to be in slow-motion recently. So many blog friends have gone out on sabatical, at least it's easier to catch-up.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2015
Hopefully I'll find more pic upload n posting time for this slow machine. I've got an upload back-log going on now. Sleep keeps winning priority position. These actually got done after I fell asleep... Sorry I'm off my regular timing. Better late than never...

6 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Sometime the later
looks the better
sometime they both
look the same

chilly air
nips the heat
still plastic the
plants will keep

Summer will be
around real soon
and the heat will
make you swoon

Have fun while it last

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

WOW, nature's palette keeps on working her wonders. I could look at that sky forever!!

I planted my little store-bought seedlings all beautifully, and no frost. But HAIL smashed 'em down hard. Looks like they will come back.

Cool your strawberries resprouted, nice!!

xoxooxo

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

That photo looks a little like the views from my window on some days when the weather moves in. Good luck with your plants. Have your tried a salad box for fresh greens?

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I'm back in my winter coat-
Was hoping to shed more layers
N turn off the heat.

Read your Deception,
n Comment pages
not loading earlier.
Perhaps today I can wait for it

Jannie, Yep, that sky was incredible, n in focus with arms resting on the deckrail. Thaks
Sorry about your hailed seedlings! Send them a Hail Mary- Strawberry plants were still alive 3 weekd ago- Then died off suddenly, but had babies, Yay-

Tabor, it was a "Sailor Take warning, Red in the morning" Day. It turned stormy. I've had mustard greens before, but don't get to eat much of them. They still sprout here n there. Ants always eat lettuce here.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Blogland is slow right now - I agree. So many regular readers are just missing. You and I plug along though!

Love your photos - keep 'em coming!

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Blogging in stats now is really picking up with the Russian audience for some reason. Yes we do- we like it too much to stop I think! thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home