Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Forest Flower


Image by SnaggleTooth April 2015
Tree pollen head-aches have begun. It's a safe bet that even with allergy pills the next few weeks will be diificult until all the leaves are out.

Back when I thought I'd be rich at this point in life, I had a plan to escape the tree pollen. After fixing so many boats it occurred to me I should buy a large cabin cruiser n go out to sea for a few weeks each spring until the tree pollen is done.

 That sounds so relaxing. Wish I had one.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2015

Now I don't even own a rowboat, tho- n even the price of a canoe is beyond my reach. Due to increases of heat cost, my bill funds are so tight I'm contemplating finding a second job for the summer. I may never even get to enjoy any vaca time at all. The boss still won't put my remaining vaca time on the calender, with more earned by June. It's frustrating to be so bone-tired n not getting what was already earned each time I go to the office to do it.

Time with proper weather conditions n no pressures seems to be what I need tho. 


Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2015

One of my neighbors always throws out her bought potted flowers across in the woods. This year these Daffodils are turned in the forest direction by the strong breeze, n are joined by a sprouting Tulip green.

I had thoughts to sit n read in the sunshine this week, but the clouds have foiled the plan, plus it's windy n too cool out. Oh well, I guess after errands I'll do laundry, chores,  n read inside this week.

I do enjoy these accidental flowers each day as I head out. My Mini ones aren't blooming yet. I did spy Forcynthias coming out yesterday. It's a slow but steady start. 

8 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

To sea to sea so
You won’t sneezes
Until the trees
Are done

Yet there is
No boat for you
To go out and have
A little fun

As flowers grow
Those clouds will spin
And pollen fly around
You’ll be on the run

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

LOVE these!!


ALOHA from Honolulu,
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, My nose
also will run.
Vacation is deserved
They make me wait
Pollen goes
Until it's done,
My fun is unserved-
A boat would work great.


Cloudia, Glad you enjoyed them.
Aloha!

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I hope you get to schedule a vacation soon as you certainly deserve it after this long. cold, winter. I love surprise flowers as well. My chronic cough comes during this pollen season.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

That's a great idea - taking to the sea during pollen season. :) It's almost over here - or it's reduced greatly.

I love the "volunteer" flowers - that's what my mom called them - volunteers.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Yet again last night the boss didn't give me a date off. I have been in the office asking since December, n left 3 written notes. I'm at the end of my rope with that guy. Hope your cough doesn't slow you down too much this year.

Lynn, Your flowers n trees there are so far ahead of ours. You are so good at noticing flowers on your way. "Volunteering" to survive despite what folks plan, an apt description as we come up to Mother's Day again. Thanks

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

It always amazes me the way the tulips in our garden appear every year. I never planted them, never care for them or do anything, but each year they reappear.

I used to get hey fever every year but now it doesn't seem to bother me anymore.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, There are red tulips in the back here I bever planted too. Yesterday I picked one to put on my kitchen table. I found out I;m alergic to Willow tree pollen. Maybe what was bothering you has died off- or your body is desensitized. That's lucky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home