Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dandy Steps

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2014

Yep, the trees are pollinating n finally sprouting leaves. After yard work I had a day-long head-ache. Must be the Oaks... or Lilac buds.

Last week's Day Off had a spectacular, 70 degree, sunny day when I walked around the beach n pier after picking up mail, n took a few pics. This week we had a another wonderful weather day, n now we're back to cool 50F's, n overcast again. Motivation is lacking as  a result.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2014

I've successfully left every chore half-way done this week... Half the laundry still to wash n hang-out, Cleaned part of the yard n pruned, but have big piles still to dispose of. Did half the shopping, need another store for another trip later, I wanted to get rid of large branches using a new hatchet out back, but alot bees were in my way. I got my cam ready, but missed sunset puttering about, stuck in thorn cuttings from overgrown bramble roses.

I sorted planters but didn't re-pot all the new plants. I churned the new side garden soil, but didn't plant the seeds yet. I installed half my programs in the new machine, which is driving me crazy every time I want to do something. I canvased the yard but I haven't opened the shed to start the mower, n some of the grass is getting tall.

Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2014
I guess one good day per week is better than none. The race to catch up since the spring delay is on. Memorial Day Week-end n crowds of people aren't very far off.

Two more weeks n I'll be twice as tired, n hopefully have twice as much accomplished.
This pic is the steps to the main beach. 

9 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Yes, this is the season of multiple demands and most annoying when only half of anything gets done. You can do the other half in the coming weeks.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, If only work left me with more energy. Only 4 more non-work days before the holiday week-end! Very little daylight when working nights only leaves me a few hours. Thanks

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, If only work left me with more energy. Only 4 more non-work days before the holiday week-end! Very little daylight when working nights only leaves me a few hours. Thanks

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Congrats on job half well done!

:D

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Thanks to our farmer's prayers, we are finally getting some much needed rain and I have already had to mow twice. Yesterday was the second time and from the looks of things, it won't be long before I will mow again. My daughter and her family will be here for a week and I am hoping we can play more than work while they are here.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Wow, you were a 1-woman 1-day getting-stuff-done tornado. :)

Sounds like a lot is nice and green there. Grass getting high already!

Laundry, why is it never done? :)

Some allergy hit me hard on the back deck 2 days ago. Then a cool front gave me a day-long headache too, just medium strong, tho. TG I didn't have to go to bed with it. Slept well.

Say hi to the bees for me! They are so sweet.

So, please tell me, as per your comment over at funsherhaus, why do you get seasick at work? I'm curious!!

xooxoxo

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

This is a crazy time of the year and I'm also finding I have many half finished jobs too. I'm trying to juggle so many things and feel frustrated that nothing is complete. But sometimes you have to do it to keep everything ticking along, so don't be too hard on yourself.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Sounds like you got a lot done - you'll get there and if you can't finish things, so be it. That's the way I look at it.

I always love how flowers pop up in the oddest places - love your pic of the flowers in the steps.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Yikes I hit send twice n can't wait to delete that 2nd one!

GB, it's not often I can make that claim... thanks

Gran Annie, you're a mile ahead of me in the mower race! Between rain n the bees near the shed, I'm in reverse! Hope you get a good fun visit in.

Jannie, a SnaggleNado! Way better than a FireNado- I have weed-grass that's very tall. I've used the small hand-sickle on it. The real turf is a shorter species. News reported er're getting pollen now from hundreds of miles away! The wind gets ya! I'm avoiding bees, allergic n want to live...
Answer later at your place.

LLcoolJ, I knew you would understand the frustration I get at half-done! Having it all done just feels much better- I always do. Thanks

Lynn, I did alot in the little time after store errands. Yay- it's light out longer! Dandilions are such quick n resourceful growers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home