Thursday, February 28, 2013

k


Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2013

Still finding strange faces in sunsets.... This one is actually up-side-down.

Beginning to recover from the blizzard aftermath a few weeks ago. My poor African Violets tho, are shriveling up their once vibrant leaves due to the cold shock they experienced. Good thing I took a pic then, I don't want one now...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2013

Last week on Day off I braved sub-zero windchill on the D-bridge to take these sunset pics the first time in awhile...Getting used to the freezing conditions around here lately.

At the Boat Ramp today in the current, large on the map rain-storm, I had thoughts of tethering myself to a tree in the strong 35 mph winds out there. Still too cold to stand still with the wind-chill factor by the water around here. Really nice to have heat n hot water when I get home again tho.

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2013Last week I also skipped a day of sleep for a field trip. I'll share some pics from that in other posts soon. That was also several frozen hours outside, with a windchill reported to be 18F (-7.7C) . Needless to say, catching up on sleep n warmth is taking priority this week as the (40F) rain dominates my free time, n there aren't more pressing issues.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2013

Probably it will be awhile before I catch-up on blogs, rest enough to function well, n maybe the Violets will still make it too. I've just slowed way down recently, except at work where I can't.  I have tons of house chores waiting too. I noticed it all gets behind quickly without light to see the mess or clean it...

Enjoy the last day of February- one of the top for snow months in my state ever, n the one I'll always remember as the one that had little warm in it! But I'll be ok...



11 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

We have not had the weather that you experience but we did finally have some snow and ice but warm temperatures gave us slush. We need the moisture. Sorry you had to spend your time off work in unpleasant weather but you managed some nice photos anyway,

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

I wish I was there to have gone on the field trip with you all!

spring is in the air, I can't wait! I heard all sorts of birds this morning, and it was really nice!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Your sunset pics are always so tranquil, Snaggle. They make me sigh and feel serene.

Fingers crossed your violets make it through unscathed, Snaggle! And can't wait to hear/see about your field trip!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I hope you are spared more drought this year- You can't tell about the how cold it was to be there taking those shots, but it was difficult. This month has been brutal-

MB, Was too cold that day too- Well 40s is an improvement except for the wind here- Our spring birds aren't back yet.

Talon, seeing the sunset in person helps ease my mind too, n the pics help me remember being there.
Just short glimpses of the entire process for me tho- tough to choose the best shots to post. Poor plants were only half done blooming, now almost no leaves are left. Thanks.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

you certainly are brave to be out there in that cold. your pictures are so pretty and they even look cold! I hope your violet's will snap out of the cold shock and be pretty again for you. it's so disappointing when that happens. one year I lost several cactus because they got too cold.
take good care of yourself. I'm looking forward to your next batch of pictures from the field trip. ;)

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Mountain Mama, Thanks, It was a really cold pretty thing alright! Also my smaller thyme plants in the backroom got frosted. My recovery is very slow, along with the pic processing. Thanks

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Today is the hottest day of the year so far in the UK which isn't that hot but sure does make a change from the freezing cold weather we have been having.

Lovely images.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Lovely sunset photos! Sorry I was late to the party on this one.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

House chores.
House chores.
Please go away.
Send a fairy
to clean here today!! :)

Beautiful sunset pix. Appreciate your braving the chilly wind for us. Will be fun to see a June update of the same scenes with all the leaves out green!! Won't be long, Snag.

xooxxo

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Sailboat!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, There's definitely enough wind for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home