Sunday, June 05, 2011

Color Speaks

Image by SnaggleTooth 2011
Yellow was stuck in his throat. He couldn't think of words to utter as The teacher pointed n said, "Your turn..."



On the spot, he'd always had trouble with. All eyes were on him. The air became too hot, sweat poured off his head n hands. He studderred n stammmered, "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ut-tt..." He tried again. "I don't know what color wave lengths n emotional state has to do with what we are trying to communicate."

Image by SnaggleTooth 2011



He stood there feeling choked-off from his thinking, short-circuited, n disconnected.




"I'll never make it through this Public speaking class-" He thought as he sat back down. "It's upside-down of who I am!"




....



Wearing loud colors shouts "Here I am! Don't ignore me!" to others, I notice .



I think my earth-tone preference in clothing suggests my yearning for peaceful harmony with my surroundings, not drawing in much extra attention to myself. I usually wear alot of blues, purple, browns, duller greens, n burgandy reds. I'm uncomfortable wearing colors which attract bees such as yellow, orange, n brighter reds. When performing in a public show type role, tho, I do tend to wear brighter hues n more accents. My clothing depends on the occassion n weather. Color does play a role in how we are perceived, I believe.



Daily tho, I'm comfortable in pocketed Jeans, t-shirt, n an over-shirt with buttons n shirt pockets and/or a hoodie. I like plaids of mixed colors. I don't wear floral prints as a rule, n avoid polyester n clothes with latex touching skin, such as spandex, (allergic). I rarely like the colors of the clothes at the store in my section.



Photo by SnaggleTooth 2011



This is another pic of the M-cove From Last Day Off, manipulated n upside-down above.




What color are your prefered clothes lately? Do you prefer dressing in bold or more moderated color on a normal day?

14 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I change colors depending on the day and my mood, loving black if the day is not too hot...but seem to have a lot of shades of turquoise these past two summers.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I have suddenly taken on a whole new shade in my wardrobe. It is terracotta and goes nicely with my auburn colored wigs:)

Love you post title and "Yellow was stuck in his throat". You are so clever. Color does speak with such a loud voice.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

My wardrobe has gotten to be pretty basic over the years.

I wear jeans, both blue and black, so I try to match up colors with them.

Black are the only jeans that I try to use any color besides black, so often I resort to purple, yellow and orange.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Runs past naked

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

He tried again
yet no words
uttered from his lips

Speaking tho shy or bold
we face ourselves daily
A pot of gold or just a rainbow

Colours make us who we are
Or who we want to be
Using it as a shield
To go before us

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I have no color loyalty in clothing, though jeans are a big staple in my down time so I guess navy is a color I do favour :) Like you, I like natural fabrics - more breathability and comfort. I do seem to lean toward softer shades of colors though the whole spectrum is in my closet :)

I loved your photo/story, Snaggle. And I felt his pain of being out of his comfort zone.

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, I used to wear black alot, but have really scaled back on it except at funeral time. I wore slot of turquoise in the '80's while excercising at the gym.

Gran Annie, Terricotta- reddish-orangy-brown? Very interesting color. I'll have to go look for some... Thanks, yes the pic had me write that for it!

G, wow, you wear yellow, purple, n orange? You are the bold sort! So with the blue you wear blue? I like different shades of blue together also.

Neo, Now we know why your pic is a shadow- Snag has good aim n still manages to pinch butt cheek! Starts singing "Well They call him the Streak....(whistle ring 2ce) Fastest thing on two feet..."

Ellis, Or perhaps just for show. I took one of those classes growing up, n had to give a dissertation in college too. I used to be shy, but I get really brave on stage now.
I really like your rhyme! Thanks

Talon, interesting way to explain you enjoy a color variety! Most of my jeans are very old n faded light blue now, but I wear navy pants to work. I like the dark solid colors better these days.
Glad you enjoyed my struggling character inspired by the altered pic. Thanks

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I like your photo story, Snaggle - and the original photo is so lovely, too.

I wear a lot of black and white and mix it a little red here and there. I came into work one day wearing an electric blue jacket and everyone praised it so much that I wonder if I am overdoing the black and white thing. :)

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

I try to do different shades of blue with my blue jeans. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Glad you enjoyed The little story, n pics. What's black n white , n accent red all over? You are! Those colors remind me of a restaurant I used to work for as a teen- required clothing colors at the Silhouette! It's good to shake folks up once in awhile I think.

G, Ah ha! I do that too- I prefer "dusty" blues, but have many different ones.

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha your asking me what colours I wear? Ok no you weren't asking me. :D

I love all colours, bold and brash, but often my base colour is black. Almost any colour looks good with black.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is true that the colours we chose to wear say something about our personality.
I seem to prefer to vear black though i am not an emo or goth.
I guess that speaks of the preference of being unseen in public.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Opaque said...

Colours reflect upon one's mood so well... this post just proves that!

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LlcoolJ, I've probably seen more of your wardrobe than anyone else! Thanks to your Wardrobe Weds posts... Yes, all goes with black. I wonder if you never clash on purpose... You should prob say silver.

Arts Richard, Seems in your shows tho, you wear alot of white n beige, except with Clickety n Sir Rchard, I think. You're the third listing black!

Opaque, Perhaps, but what colors do you prefer? Are you wearing black again? I hope your mood is lighter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home