Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Busy Time

Photo by SnaggleTooth May 31 2011

A beautiful, warm, sunny Day Off finally! If only I hadn't needed to sleep thru most of it. The pollen is proliff- erating, n my head-aches n sinuses are getting a work-out. I can't afford the good sinus pills this week, so Benedryl will have to suffice, n it makes me too groggy.

I enjoyed a minute sitting on the deck stairs in the sunshine with Mischief this late afternoon before the insects dive-bombed. It seems all that rain for weeks has resulted in a bumper crop of stinging bugs, thick swarms of them... everywhere.

After a very down-sized errand run, I went for a walk to the D-bridge for the sunset. Tiny no-see-ems were all over me, but I managed to stand still for a couple pics, like this one. Another very pretty sunset over the M-cove. The best parts of my Day are always the free ones- The worst part is always the latest tooth-ache, plus an ear infection this week, no doubt aggrivated by pollen allergies n no good sinus pills...

Image by SnaggleTooth May 31 2011I'm so glad my crazy-order work week-end is finally over! I'm pathetically exhausted. They used to hire someone to do half of the summer order increased workload, but now they expect me to happily do it all on every busy night, in the spirit of getting more done with fewer people... I'm supposed to happily run myself into the ground like this so I can't function in my free time. You know, being so grateful to even be employed n all...

So today was extremely low-key. Between feeling sickly n the current penny-pinch, I really can't do much. The only payment plan offered by the electric company was timed to be paid the same week as rent, which is currently busting my butt.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 31 2011I'd like to get more done. I need to dis- assemble n wash all the indoor fans now that it's getting warm. I want to see if the old, Sears hand-power-mower for the lawn still works. All the deck flower pots need to be re-done. Weeds are filling in all the soil. Not many resident perennials have come up in the containers yet. I planted some pansy seeds late, n they haven't sprouted. I'm putting off so much. Lately it's enough just to get through laundry.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 31 2011My neighbors are so so good at keeping up the constant motor-mowing. My ears can't deal with it this week tho- so I have to close the windows on it. So much motor noise. Tons more autos, boats, n motorcyles around this week as the summer weather brings down many summer folks.

Tourist time on the Cape has begun- I just hope I can keep up with it!

11 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Neo said...

First!

/me hands you a tissue, ear plugs, aspirin, and gives you a big hug. :)

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Bug spray...that helps with the little stuff.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I'm so glad you got that sunset shot, Snaggle, because it is stunning! Thank you for that.

It's hard to get used to the warm weather noises, isn't it? And with all the rain, the lawnmowers are working overtime here, too. The worst noise is those weed whacker thingies. Makes Charlie bark with that high-pitched whine.

I hope the Benadryl at least relieves the worst of your symptoms.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Wow- Congrats on the good timing! I can't even go 4 hrs w/o tylenol- thanks

Tabor, wish I could but I'm very allergic to those- now you understand the inconvenience of allergies...

Talon, The more I look at this one, the prettier it gets! Thanks. Normally I just don't like the niose, but with an ear-ache I'm howling with Charlie! Benedryl allows me to live, but I want Mucinex or Sudafed for the head-ache without drowsies on top of my Clariton I have to take. Thanks!

Note: Uh-Oh! Here comes those really bad, tornado-warning storms! I hear thunder nearby...

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

so sorry to hear about your ear and that is making your tooth hurty. I'll put you on my prayer list & beam goodness your way.

wonder how much it costs to mail rain?


xxxooo

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

Have a lovely Summer!



Aloha from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Paige, I can sure use all the beamed goodness you can send, Thanks. There's no pain like ear plus tooth pain...

Cloudia, Thanks, Hope yours is good too-
Aloha!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Glad it was warm
not sure if bugs were all over you or I missread it.

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Yes it's been over 60F all week, n yes the no-see-ums are tiny bugs that crawl n bite all over, which are always at the coves.
I had to keep walking to shake the bug cloud following me!

I'm grateful those terrible twister storms missed my area this week-

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Sorry about your tooth ache. I used to live with those all the time, so I know the agony.

Hope you allergies relieve soon too, those who don't suffer can't really relate.

It IS a beautiful sunset, indeed Snaggle, such a wonderful shot. Thanks for sharing it.

xoxoxo

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Janf, My head pain has made doing things difficult this week- now all is piled up! Of course, I still had to work which was tough to endure too. Absessed tooth roots n dying nerves are the worst! Plenty more to go.
Allergies- today my eyes were done in with stinging.
I may be sharing more of them soon! Thamks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home