Thursday, May 05, 2011

Spout

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2011
Fifth week in a row of cool, overcast skies for Day Off happening here! Some recent workdays were perfectly sunny n warm, making me very wistful for free, unrushed time in the sunshine lately.
.
I've been having a very low-key week if not for the historical demise of Bin Laden. So I feel something really huge is going on out there, while I have no effect on it what-so-ever. All the media hype is driving me crazy, so good thing for the dvd collection. This week I've been watching the old "Firefly" series again to be ended with the "Serenity" Film. Almost seems like the TV I'd rather watch. New series not featuring reality shows, cops, bodies, n lawyers on my few free primetime evenings is too much to expect from major networks, apparently. (I only have basic cable channels).
.

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2011


This week I'm really glad I don't have a Sony Playstation. If my game were bumped off-line, I'd be going ballistic... I bet many hooked folks are, due to the latest new info compromise. I'm still too paranoid for facebook. When online bankcards first came out, the local Cape bank made me change my card three times due to possibly compromised info. They soon after went belly-up, n were taken over by a large Bank. Guess I've always been overly suspicious of the on-line vunerability issue. I resisted being forced online for applications, accounts, n payments as long as I could but must do some. It's easier but there's always a hacker out to get every new, better thing. Recently, google made us give a phone number to recover stolen accounts... (that made me nervous, too!).
.
Speaking of new things, Maplebeard is finally pollenating. My ears are ringing, eyes stinging, n the head-ache comes n goes. Good thing for allergy pills or I'd be totally non-functional. Always time to take the groggy benedryl on top of the other 24 hour pills now, until those trees are done. The pollen starting into high gear always slows me way down. It'll be a slow few weeks for me because of pollen.

The rain today is washing the pollen off of Little Truck. Turns out the folks downstairs messed up the hose water valve in the basement, so I can't turn it on until it's fixed, unless I let the basement flood. I tried tightening all the fittings, but it still spouted. Then I had fun getting it to shut off again. How to waste several hours of free time in one should've been easy step.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2011I'm really allergic to pollen, so without the hose, now I'll have to carry water out with me to rinse off Little Truck's door so I can open it every day. I might throw buckets of water off the deck occassionally to rinse it too. Getting to work without getting more sick will be challenging.
.
It'd be nice if just one thing about what those folks did downstairs didn't cost me more work n time! (Is that too much to ask?) Now, back to cowboys in space, as opposed to trigger-happy cowboys on the news...

8 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

No sun
he's gone
beards back
greening along

pollen is good
but not for you
have a great day
what ever you do

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Pollen is the bane of my existence. :) I'm so glad the worst is over there - I suffer from seasonal allergies, too. :)

Hope you are having a great day, Snaggle!

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I'm sorry that all the pollen causes you such discomfort, Snaggle! We finally had some blue skies today - first in weeks, but still need a jacket. No real spring yet - feel like it will suddenly just jump to super hot!

How we operate sure has changed, hasn't it? I don't bank on-line - too paranoid! :)

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Cute little rhyme! I'm trying to, thanks.

Lynn, Amazing how such a little thing can cause such big reactions, isin't it? Thanks, n good achoo luck to you too-

Talon, Guess there were 2 days in the past week which felt too warm for the coat, but I leave about 1am so have to bring it because it's always cold for the ride home.
Some of my service Cos charge a fee when I don't pay online now! I see you know what I mean- Thanks

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Pollen drives me nuts too. I seem to have constantly bloodshot eyes at the moment.

Love the shots as usual! Fingers crossed for hot sun!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, thanks- I use so many eyedrops- one for tears, one for redness, n one for allergies- "Visine A." still they sting! I stopped using the $75 prescription "Pantinol." They stop the pain but not the red! Maybe would help you-

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

our pollen is winding down. trees have nearly full leaves now! it's amazing the difference in timing in our little state! I am lucky i didn't acquire the pollen allergy from you.. I was worried that I might after having children..

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, Here the Oaks n Huckleberry are still bare. I saw some Gypsy moth catepillar silks already too! You do eat yogurt alo, that heads off the problem at the pass- There's still time- more happens the older you get. I thought you would too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home