Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Prim

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2011

Priced at about $1.60 US, this little Primrose plant was a bargain mood-lifter recently. It's keeping a languishing for warmth Jade plant company on the kitchen table.
.
Image by SnaggleTooth 2011.
.
I'm into cheaper entertain-
ment lately, trying to save up for Little Truck repairs. On comes in the month of February, notorious for being the four paycheck month, while five are still needed to make the bill payments. The little Primrose is making me some mind-bending altered pics... literally.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth 2011
.
I haven't posted alot of altered stuff since the new year, due to getting so many mediocre results. I've still been making alot of them. Not only has watching these blooms come n go been enjoyable, but now the pics taken on some tissue paper background are paying off nicely for fun.
.
Image by SnaggleTooth 2011.
.
While the current double-whammy snow storm hits during my Days Off again (third time), I'm safely at home discovering old n new life forms... (inbetween shovelings). I've heard over half the country is complaining this time.
.
Image by SnaggleTooth 2011.
The economic hits taken on folks personal income from lost work n retail sales is definately worth complaining about, along with the soaring cost of fuel now that "warming up" the car is needed to get the ice off, n cities pay more for snow removal...
Yet Wall Street is having a Field Day-
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth 2011
.
Low-key will be my expecta-
tions for this new month, altho I'm hoping for better sleep, n finding a way to do better than expected, along with getting a thaw of warmth along the way.
.
Happy Ground Hog Day folks!
I'll be shoveling...

10 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Happy Groundhog Day, Snaggle! Oh, that primrose is lovely - a sure-fire way to lift winter weary spirits!

That last photo is breathtaking!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

It set on the table
all Prim as can be
This kind of rose
brought pleasure to thee
With lots of more snow
How fun can that be

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

What pretty little plants! I'm not sure if I've ever seen a primrose for sale anywhere.

That last photo is gorgeous, too.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

pretty flowers. love the last photo. I know it's cold, cold and then some but it looks so pretty...course I'm inside with heat and sunshine comeing in the window.

stay warm, be rested, keep peace

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, Happy GH Day to you too! It's been gorgeous to see. I'm so glad I sprung for it! Thanks.

Ellis, A little easier to ignore out the window with the blooms infront of me... How was your OK snow?

Lynn, That was by the checkout at the supermarket, n so cheap I felt justified at acting on the impulse. Thanks.

Paige, yep, I like them- hope it stays alive, too cool in here- Yep, froze my patooties off taking pics recently. Just figure who else will be out there taking frozen beach shots? Just me, ok!
I'm working on all those, but tend to feel warmer after going outside n back in.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

8 to 10 In. but it was ice balls and so cold it would not stick winds 25 to 30 I was looking the window and it was going south but forgeting to fall. I left some tracks in it and in 45 min they were gone. The Post Office and even McDonials closed. Us Okies are not use to this.

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Kathe W. said...

ah good old Primroses- always a lift in winter! Your shot of the waters edge with lights on in the houses is sublime---dreamy!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Sounds exciting! How Dare the Post Office close! (Ours was open) even with 50 mph gusts. You know it's a serious storm when McD's doesn't open! I'm hoping these weather conditions are a fluke n not the beginning of a new normal winter pattern...

KatheW, So glad I got that plant! "Sublime" I like that description- thanks! Most homes here have little white lights year round, too, due to being a Victorian village.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yep, complaining, complaining. But enjoying our snow today. Kelly ran to the window first thing to see if her white dream had come true -- and it had.

Sweet little promrose. God's great gifts, those flowers to uplift. Hey -- rhymes!!

Yes, gorgeous last pic. 365 your area is pretty.

xoxo

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Good Kelly can enjoy the fluffy stuff- she prob hasn't had to shovel much yet! Plus it'll melt fast there- Ours is still 2 feet frozen solid out in the yard.
What I like is there's so many different pretty things to enjoy. Wish I could get better birdie pics tho! Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home