Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Icy Beach

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 25 2011
.
.
The temp was way up over 20F this afternoon, so I finally got out for a short walk. This pic of lovely sea ice was taken from the M-cove beach toward the D-Bridge in the BG.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 25 2011 .
.
.
B-cove was covered with ice this week, which got snowed upon this morning. Pic was taken from on top of the D-Bridge (in above shot) of the other side.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 25 2011
.
.
(B-cove again, panned left )
.
. .
.
.
.
.
.
.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 25 2011.
This is the opposite side of M-cove from the D-Bridge after I crossed the road again. (Left of the D-bridge in the BG of top shot). I like the stark contrast n seeming black n white coloring , but it is color!
... Now for the cozy, indoor entertainment, I'm watching the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy on vhs again. One day I'll need to replace them on dvd. I've run into some older (20 yr) tapes recently that lost visual. Hope my faves last awhile longer if I play them every now n then.
"Frodo wouldn't have gotten very far without Sam..."

12 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

It's fun to see these places all iced up and think of how beautiful they'll be in the summer.

Somehow I never managed to watch that Lord of the Rings trilogy - I think that all came out when I was embroiled in college work (as a returning student.) I'm putting those on my Netflix queue right now before I forget. Thanks for the reminder!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger TALON said...

It's amazing how much contrast there is in a winter-scape, isn't it? Love the shots, Snaggle. Glad you had some time to relax and enjoy the Rings.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Now that looks warm.
Ice from sea to shinning sea.
Or was that from sea to gray skys sea.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I think the iced up beaches are beautiful too, just not for sunbathing! I can't believe you haven't seen LOR yet! The computer enhancement effects has made parts of it seem very expansive n grand. I always feel good at the close of those films. Hope you enjoy them.

Talon, Such a different landscape to view in the snow- n the water is so dark without sunshine. Thanks. There's not much on tv with basic cable overnight on my schedule, tough to unwind for bedtime without it, so glad I have my collection- Thanks

Ellis, That last pic reminds me of the snow-covered Misty Mountains in LOR1- So chilling to behold.
From black water,
to white ice,
to grey sky=
Frozen eyes!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger moondustwriter said...

Thanks for the visit to the Moon - honor to meet you.

I'm guessing you picked up more snow - the pics are beautiful.
TLOR - perfect incentive to stay inside

see you I'm sure :)

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Neo said...

20 degrees?

Swimsuit weather!

Was MINUS 45 here the other night!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Kathe W. said...

brrrrrr very cool (no pun!) shots!

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MoonDust, Welcome to ESR comments! Thanks for the return visit. We only got about another foot to remove since these were taken. LOR is a great way to pass time when nothing is on- I like the music too. Certainly, if the power stays on...

Neo, That's the day I was writing about, I think. How exactly to you not freeze solid in that weather? I already wear 2 to 3 layers inside. Little Truck hates running in it too.

Kathew, Yes it is coldest here since '96. Thanks- Alot more cold pics to come also-

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Fun to watch the trilogy back-to-back. I'd like to do that! Kelly's old enough now she could watch those. PG-13, I think?

Um, such an amazing place you choose to live at. One day I'll visit!

Going to spend a night in San Antonio over Spring Break -- whoo, hoo. :)

xoxo

xoxo

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I watch all the movie series like that. Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Spider man, Harry Potter, ect. Unfortunately the Matrix I tape is damaged-
Yep, it's a good spot even if you can't drive around. Have a fun trip!

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

note: Search for "ice beach" turned up the second pic here on google images recently

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Stats this week reported some ones search for "frigid zone covered with ice" turned up the 3rd pic here. Ice is popular...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home