Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Yo

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 26 2010
.
.
Another week has gone by, racing down the end of October towards the Halloween holiday. I won't have time to do much for it, due to again having massive holiday orders n having to work the week-end.
.
Day Off weather is cloudy n a bit foggy, tho warm in the 60's this week. The heat's off, n the windows are open to enjoy it. Here's the woods across the road from the deck this afternoon.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 26 2010
.
In the side yard next to the "R's" house, the Huckleberry tree, several vines, n a small Maple tree are conspiring to make a pretty combination.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 26 2010
.
.
Out on the deck, most of the planters are up against the house in preparation for cold weather insulation needed for some to rise again in the spring. Maplebeard's recent sheddings are plentiful, tho only partially complete.
.
Clouds n rain showers are expected next, so it's doubtful I'll get much yard stuff done except for raking the storm drain. Once the Oaks across the road start tossing heaps of leaves, it can be tough to keep up that drain chore.
.Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 26 2010
.
.
Maple Beard's got that amber hue going on n tumbling down.
.
Wonder if I'll get around to digging out n cleaning decorations. So far I've only got the natural ones...

7 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Nice pics of autumn.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Sounds like you are busy where you work, Snaggle. Beautiful photos. And your natural decorations are great!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I can't believe October is nearly past!

The golds and reds are beautiful, Snaggle. I love that Maplebeard's bounty of fallen leaves keep your planters insulated. :)

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

I missed a day
How could I be so heartless
And you ending a October
Rushing to Halloween
If not for work
Still the trees showed their colours
Prancing in the gentle breeze
Rain soaked clouds
Lumbering over to slow chores
As Maple Beard flashes hue

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, Thanks, I'm clicking while the gettings good- inbetween raindrops...

Lynn, I hate having to work extra n on every holiday. I want M-F daytime hours again! Outside's looking much better than inside these days!

Talon, I can't believe I blinked n we're in the last week so soon! Yay for the warmth tho! Thanks- Most is falling in the rain now-Isin't Winter insulating what leaves are for?

Ellis, I was sneaky putting one up before midnight, n the other after. My days off have me clumping up in free time lately...
If not for work I would help walk the little ones around for the goodies again- I'll miss it!
The trees are the best show in town, even in today's rain!
MapleBeard Flashing!lol

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Natural decs work great. I actually did put up a 7-headstone grave yard out front and some scary stuff, really macabre as my 2 years heading up the Haunted House for Kelly's school I bought stuff to use day of. Will take pix, with my vampire girl in it. :)

I know what you mean about tons of leaves, and more to come. I'm not gonna bother picking too many up until all are down. Or most likely not pick up many at all, just sweep the walkways.

House next to the Rs looks nicely kept.

And I like how I can catch "ave" on the end of the street sign in pic. 1.

Send us some clouds and rain, please! :)

xoxo

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I miss not getting to enjoy holidays anymore- work is killing all my fun this year!
Can't wait to see Kelly in costume! Sounds like fun- won't have time until way- later tho. Working extra early plus late- no loading time! No time my my Little Ones either!
Our houses are only about 12 feet apart! If the sign said more- I'd have to pixelate it again as I have countless times...
Have a good week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home