Thursday, March 18, 2010

Warm n Dry

Photo by SnaggleTooth March 17 2010
.
.
.
My village has been lucky compared to other areas in the state of Massachusetts this week. We were spared the flooding rains which overflowed many rivers n toppled trees less than a forty minute ride away. Here there was only about 6 inches of rain.
.
Lives have been majorly disrupted yet again. An insurance dude was supposed to inspect my house but that got delayed until other folks dry out a bit. I just spent a whole week cleaning up my winter mess in preparation.
.
I'm not even close to the spring cleaning jobs tho- curtains n rugs all need washing n I'm out of energy already from spackling wall cracks n scraping paint. I'm irked by focusing on cleaning when state tax forms should be priority right now. I know it'll take a few days to read the instructions, due to the state healthcare requirement here n the worksheets.
.
My Day Off was moved around this week, but that allowed me to enjoy this balmy, spring-like weather on it's second day-in-a-row after all those rains. I did pick up some trash near the house, n picked up branches stewn about the yard, after walking uptown (without my winter coat!) to check the mail. There's tons of ugly garbage everywhere, n most in the woods across the road belonged to the kids downstairs who have uncovered barrels. The woods will take many pick-up hikes thru the briars this year to rid it of visible paper n plastic.
.
I have caught a viral bug of some sort, that is giving me a bronchial cough, sinus pressure, n aches, but I'm still functional, TG. It's amazing I can still breathe after all that dust I got into lately- (I'm allergic to dust mites), n have needed the inhaler alot. If there were sick pay for time off work I'd do that now. I don't like getting my work schedule switched around all the time, due to messing up my errand itinerary. Today was good for being around home, at least. (No paycheck yet).
.
By the time that inspection is rescheduled all this stuff will need cleaning again, I suppose! Really, I should've just rested n recovered, n would've liked to putter with the deck plants.
The up-side of my day definately was getting outdoors in the 60F sunlight n seeing the blue sky. I hear the southern US is colder- This weather is normal for April, n we're only half-way thru March.
.
Guess the roof leak is fixed, after getting thru that storm without any dripping in the LR. Now I just need to catch up to the plentiful flaking paint chips. I hope I'm feeling better for work tomorrow too...
Have fun folks...

9 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Wow - that's is some storm damage - I am sorry to hear that. Sounds like you are making some headway. I like how those tables in the photo have a checkerboard built into them.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Thank heavens the roof leak was fixed before those torrential rains!

I love the stone chess/checker - do people utilize those a lot in fine weather?

Hope you're feeling better soon and that you get the inspection out of the way so you can really relax when you have time off.

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, The paint chips are all over the place, n stick to stuff. Aren't those tables cool?

Talon, Amen! I can imagine how that would've gone- overflowing my 5-gallon bucket... A good test for the work done, anyhow.
I have seen folks sitting there in the summer, but haven't seen them playing checkers yet. I have two kinds of saved bottle-caps I could use for that. Thanks for your well wishes.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

iz that yor shattow???

Wow, yoo looks darker in shattow.

my jannie haets doing house werk, butt she did she dishes today wen i was sleeping!

xoxo

i soooooo happeee to be back. i wuz hellping my jannie wit her songs this week, mostly i wuz putting noo batteries in she recorder and bringing she drinnks of beer and watter.

xoxoox

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

oh, and i sees something round and purpil on my neck. did you paint me a neckless on my ndee warhall maekover?

xo

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

wops, i meens andee

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Blue Bunny, Missed your visits. Yep, that was me. I got a collection of shadow portraits, but not on ESR. I hate too much cleaning at once like I just did- I hope you didn't let Jannie drinkz too much beers, cus then songs will be very strange...

BB, I believe you are referring to the little pink tongue I drew hanging out of your itty bitty mouthy- I drew an eye glint, whisker freckles, three hairs on your forehead, n eyebrows- that I can recall. so tiny, I guess tough to see-

BB, Andy, nd, same thing- no harm no foul... Can't believe all 3 new comments were you-

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Ahhh, late for another party, am I??

I think Bb's 3 head hairs were the PERFECT touch! Thanks.

xo

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, every one get to be late now n again- I heard you started on the wine early, anyhoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home