Sunday, March 21, 2010

Vernal

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2010 .
.
.
Yep it's officially Spring according to the calender. All I did to celebrate was go stand in the sunlight on the 60F degree, windy deck for about five minutes while drinking my tea before work. That was worth every minute. As previouslty mentioned, my days off are now different.
.
I was irked to notice a critter (squirrel?) had dug into the plant container where I buried one of last springs $1 hyacynth bulbs, n took a big bite out of it- I covered it up again, but have no idea if it'll still bloom or not- Bummer! At least my little cedar-like trees are still alive, n getting green in color again. I'd thought they were all dead cause they were so sickly orange last week- but sure enough, they are changing hues! Phew- I really need to repot them all again.

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2010 .
.
.
I should really plant some indoor seeds this week- but I won't have any time to do anything for a few days yet, n taxes are priority. I still have to fill out the census form too. I don't wanna do any of that tho- until the sun hides again.
.
It was so nice out today! Wish I could've celebrated by playing hooky from work...
But me n my hanging on sinus infection, throat-lung buggy, n without any voice, shlepped on into work anyhow- from the bright afternoon sunglare into a windowless environment of hurriedness.

Photo by SnaggleTooth March 2010
To have no reason to hurry would be my idea of a party these days! Hope you all enjoy your Sunday-
The green is coming, really!

13 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I love it that your little cedar trees cooperated and know it is time to be green again. Happy spring, Snaggle!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I'm so glad Spring has arrived. I'm totally ignoring the snow flurries this morning because thankfully the snow didn't stick around and I'm enjoying seeing little shoots of green everywhere. Glad the cedars are greening up, Snaggle, and hope you feel 100 percent soon.

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I was so depressed when I thought they didn't make it thru another year- I've been growing some of them 10 years already! Got about 10 of them also-
Happy Spring to you too! thanks

Talon, I bet you had a grand Spring party anyhow! Sorry about the snow raining on your parade! The Trees look like cedar, but they are hybrids from seeds in the cones on my blue Spruce tree in a barrel, n some unknown evergreen nearby. Perhaps the shrubs next door, or mayberry, cedar, or scrub pine across the street- They are unique.
I'm a bit better today- Thanks

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Yes indeed, spring has sprung all over New England this weekend...glad you were able to find an opportunity to recharge your batteries this weekend.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

This weekend was very spring like here in the UK...today, not so much.

Glad you had some time for yourself. Get well soon.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, I don't remember the last time it was this warm here before June- Thought you had some good rains last week too. Happy Spring!

LLcoolJ, All the way across the ocean too? Happy Spring! It may be unusual- but we like it! No complaints.
Forced time by myself- but OK.
Still a bit sickly, but not as bad- Thanks.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

inso hapy yoo trees is livving too.

butt sorry about your blower bulb wot got digged up. i promis it was NOTT me, or enny of my sistirs and brudders. well, maybe krazie mel, the blak sheeps of the fammily.

see yoo soons.

me
blue bunny
xoxo

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

whops. TWo typpos.

i so hapy .

and Flower bulb, not blowre bulb.

i so sleepy. you kan tel?

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

BB, my baby trees want to be green! thanks
Crazy Mel? You tell him I'll take away all his Carrots if he eats my flowers, ok?
CU2

BB, only 2? I giggled at blower bulb...

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

I remember one spring, while at college spring forgot to come, and it went straight to summer.. it was bloody hot, and I was living the dorms.

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I remember that one! The year I had to put up a tarp on the front deck as an awning to shade the house from the heat-wave morning sun. Then there was the rain for a straight month one- back in the 80's...
Happy Spring!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

rain for a straight month was june 1998- when i worked at the pharmacy. maybe there was another one earlier on, but def june 1998.. i remember being utterly soaked going into work..- due to walking. even with an umbrella

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

mB, Think my head bunched them together- there were 2! One when Nanc moved to a tent in Maine in the 80's n 98.
I do remember seeing your pant legs drenched from the knee down after work- using an umbrella-
guess my brain is overworked!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home