Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day Off-On-Off

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2009
.
.
.
Back in July, I chose other pics to post than this one from the same day. Again I can only visit my Fav place via past pic today. What that day n this had in common was the strong, gusty wind.
.
Not as rested as I wanna be, I'm not sure that this Day Off qualifies as really Off. Everyone was asked to attend an employee party scheduled between the early n late shifts. At least it was a nice day to be outside, n there was loud music, chairs n tables, n Tex BBQ food to share with the hornets.
.
Our factory managed to get the highest corporate inspection score ever attained in August, n so the owner insisted on throwing a (tax-deductable) party. It was a tad inconvenient. Those in earlier had to stay later, those in later had to get up sooner in go in a few hours early, n the truck drivers had to give up the entire day of sleep! Everyone looked so tired. Myself I had a few hours of sleep, was awakened, then got another few hours before I had to get up again. That also means I had to go to my workplace both Days Off this week- (The other was go pick-up check day). Then It's a busy week-end order night to boot, n everyone working there tonight must be zombie-like beyond tired.
.
Meanwhile the work-orders are way down, n everyone's hours have been cut to reflect sales. Too Bad they don't save money cancelling the party to give us hours back... But that would make too much sense-
..
It felt strange to hurry, wake up n go have BBQ sauced meat for breakfast. It was so bright, n my eyes couldn't see (stinging away), so I put on my wide-brimmed leather hat from "South of the Border" in South Carolina from my long drive in '01. They had a photographer, n lotsa folks used digi-cams. I bemoaned not having mine again. Why we'd even want a poster of the small crowd out at the party to gander later in the breakroom, I don't know... A few folks who like to move to stay awake danced a little bit. Then I the boss showed me his video of us dancing-Oh Boy! He better not put that on U-tube...
.
After that I went to the nearby shopping plaza, n visited Pet-Co for the first time. I found an arch groomer for Mishief, who always begs to be brushed, n a new little play mousey that squeaks. N what was her fav present after getting home? You guessed it- The box!
.
I visited the folks down the hill for a few hours, n almost fell asleep watching TV with the little ones. Been a long time since that's happened- I was reminded how short today's rest was for me. Here I am at 3am finally deciding to give up on today's chores n get back to more rest. Here comes cooler weather, this am, with a frost forecast for inland areas just a few miles away. Time to find the comfy blankets, n psyche myself up for another long, n stressful week.
zzz.....

9 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Yeah, that would make too much sense.

Cancel a party and use the money responsibly.

But did you have a good time overall?

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Hope you enjoyed that well-deserved nap!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I wanna see the U-Tube dancing!

And could you get your check direct-deposited? Just a thought.

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, It was much better than working I must say- People were surprised cus no one there ever saw mre have fun before (they're newer than me).

Lynn, I finally got enough uninterrupted sleep hours in a row to DREAM! yay-

JanF, It was embarrassing to know alot of flks saw the video on the boss's digi-cam viewer. BTW, I once had a very bad, bizarre, DD prob which lost 600 bux, n will never do it again- unless forced! I hear the local Walmart has begun requiring it- or getting it on a swipe card...

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Pretty pic, Snaggle. The one good thing about the abrupt end of summer is the cool weather for sleeping. I'm glad you finally got some uninterrupted quality sleep time.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

the company parties are paid for before the party so to cancel them saves nothing.
the reason for the parties is the tax break after all they still pay tax (un-employment ss$) on bonuses so the party is a good thing for the company.

now get some rest

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I hear you on the DD thing. I had a mix-up like that once but luckily I had kept my receipt. Banks do not usually make mistakes in OUR favor.

I'm thinking I might wear my Snow White outfit for Hallowe'en again. That or my dalmation suit.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Thomma Lyn said...

lol @ sharing the BBQ with the hornets. I hope the hornets didn't come too close to y'all. Those things are awful!

Glad you got to dance. Dancing is a wonderful way to stay awake. :)

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, Thanks- I can feel the water spray on me just looking at it-
Yep, it's much easier to feel comfy sleeping, when they let me- now I JUST need to re-wash all the winter stuff to stay warm tho.

Paige, I understand the reasons, but they didn't have to spend as much on a photographer n a DJ, then cut every person's hours way down- the same day. It was a "need sleep more, yippie-Boo~"

JanF, Banks never make mistakes according to them- Even when they mis-allocate govt checks, then charge OD fees they caused n don't refund- find another bank, aha-
I still haven't checked to see what day Weenie is Spot, (am I working again? I dont wanna)

ThommaLyn, I let one lick my bbq chicken about 15 minutes before someone waved it off, then I quickly moved plate location to get away from it- I will not wave at bees. Dancing was fun, til I saw the video being shown around... Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home