Thursday, August 27, 2009

Setting Sights

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 27 2009
.
.
.
.
.
I took fifteen minutes to toe-dip n whistle bird-calls to the gulls n pipers just before sundown today. They are some of my fav companions. The tide was on it's way to low, n the sharp, Lady-Slipper shells were plentiful n difficult to navigate over.
.
The sore feet soon found soft, wet sand under the salt water over the ankles, n stopped their complaining. My eyes could see more red in the sun's display than the cam did, but I find it tough to fool this cam's light meter (I tried a good 20 times). I decided not to alter the resulting images today, after all.

Finally, for the first time in weeks, there was a sunset to chase to fav beach, n several minutes to savor the setting, n contemplate life in general, before the few groceries melted to mush. (I'm happy Cherries Garcia, made it home before the soup faze).

I never get sick of the colors the Creator put in this place for me to appreciate. I know over the years, these birds know who I am, n that I'd never do them harm, just want to keep company, not frighten them. Once in a blue moon, they even pose for me...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 27 2009

I always feel more kinship to the sea birds than to the other folks here watching the sunset, one of the unique truths about me. They know I'll always come back here. I know they will return, too, as long as the sea provides food for our souls....

13 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

So descriptive that I felt as if I was walking along with you. Love your kinship with the birds. Thank you for these moments of peace.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Dot said...

Beautiful photos!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger ... Paige said...

Beautiful; and sorry about Uncle Bill

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Tess said...

Well how cool is that to live in Cape Cod! I love that place and have only been once. Your photos are beautiful...thanks for giving me the opportunity to remember!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Beautiful, peaceful shots, Snaggle. There is nothing finer than communing with nature is there? A feast for the soul.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

A beautiful piece of writing Snag.

I love pipers, saw so many of them in Scotland in kilts and full regalia. Jim is not a bag piper fan at all but I utterly LOVE that music, suspect I was a piper in my just previous life -- it was my greatest passion. Sadly, I was jilted at the altar by my one true love Jillian Marie and in this life have been ever searching for that forgotten melody I wrote her the morn of our supposed nuptuials. The trauma of her abrupt leaving made me instantly lose the tune, but I think it may be somewhere in Tangiers. Or Boise.

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thankyou. Those two gulls are always there, even in January! I'm always glad to share Peace.

Dot, Thank you for another visit. In person was even better colors, tho!

Paige, Thanks, n for the condolences also. Been very reflective Lately...

Tess, I was a teen visitor, just a mile up this same beach, which sold me on moving here ASAP. It's worth the price to find these blessings in my every day. Great you've been here, so many haven't been yet. Thank you.

Talon, Thanks, Without these moments I have trouble getting the wrinkles out of my soul- There was this dude walking about with a net in the water I had to avoid to relax.

JanF, Thank you! Would you believe my nephew, 18, past Drum Major, in FL, has recently admitted to taking up the Bag-Pipes? Takes alot of hot-air n energy, n he's got it, being a half-Arabian, French, n Scottish decendant.
(Pipers are the white n brown birds who always blur out in my pics) MB had a piper at her wedding where all the men wore kilts. I got some imported Scot clan silk I wore here somewhere-

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

What's that old jazz song about The Sandpiper, sad as I recall.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, don't know it, must ask around. About to skip town a few hundred miles North, better pack a few things- n get going-

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

what you leaving again will miss you ... love the pic.....Buddy

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Happy, safe, loving trails.

xo

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Kewl....

Summer in New England...

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Buddy, Thanks, I'm home already, all is okay- just really tired again!

JanF, Thanks, Trails up n back were full of mountain view passes.

G, Just another sunset at the beach, can't have too many of those!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home